1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i silver RTS lite updater stuck "erasing device" all night

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jadepanther, Jul 4, 2014.

1. jadepanther

jadepanther New Member

Hey all. I bought a r4i RTS lite silver.. This is my second flashcart so I have a little bit of experience with them. I downloaded the firmware version 3.4b. Also downloaded an updater patcher that people were saying I would need.

Got the card working with the 3.4b firmware, and then put games on it. I was about to try to play a game and then I saw the updater nds file and said "oh, i should probably do that, can't hurt." So I ran it....

it said version unknown blah blah and then said "erasing device...." and it hasn't moved. I'm so upset I just got all my ROMS and was so exited to play it since I waited awhile for it to come and I spent some time getting it to work properly (for instance, forgot I needed to format the card at first...) and now that I got it to work it's stuck.

People are saying their cards got bricked from turning off during the update so my ds has been plugged in with this exact screen since 12:30 AM last night:

[​IMG]

Please help me and let me know if there's anything I can do, or if it's safe to turn off.

Thanks alot for your time :)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

This seems to be 2 days by now. Still on and plugged in, or have you decided to turn it off? Any noticeable effect?
    If you've installed the latest firmware for that R4i provided by the cart's official site, an updater file isn't needed.
    And yes, it's quite true, removing cartridge or switching off console while an update is in progress could and likely will damage the cartridge and or files in it.

3. jadepanther

jadepanther New Member

thanks for the reply.

I feel like an idiot, when it was working I should have known not to do anything else. This DS is still plugged in because I was hoping there might be some sort of "hail Mary" type thing I could try before turning it off. Sorting through all different and sometimes conflicting information out there on this subject is so difficult... I'm pretty sure the update I installed was for a 3ds and I got confused into thinking I needed it...

There's no effects from leaving it on and plugged in this long though. I'm thinking I really have no choice but to turn it off and see what happens now.