1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i-sdhc & Wood & GoldenSun

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Dezorianguy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

Hi there, I am totally confused, even after checking around in several forums (and been stuck here since).
    Personally I've got this flashcard (look at my ava), it was bought at www.r4i-sdhc.com I think. The latest kernel update (according to the site) has been 1.09d - Updated Date:[2010-7-24].
    Some threads before this one I saw some guy showing a newly released update that supposedly CAN play GoldenSun (U).
    Before I get more confused...do I have the latest update for my card to be able to play GoldenSun:DarkDawn (US) ?
    Or do I need:
    -Wood (can it even be installed on my card or just R4 without the "i"?)
    -Another card
    -Another (in)official kernel update for my card

Thanks for getting some insight into this madness... :)

Dezo

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the latest firmware for you card is v1.29b and it was released on december 1 2010

3. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

jesus, where have i been living? maybe on the wrong update site?...But on that site my card has the latest update 1.09d or whats going on?
    I do not have R4 or R4 1.49...or whatever R4s there are on this planet. I have R4i and for that (thats what the site shows) is 1.09d the latest in the download section... :( or am i looking in the wrong direction...

4. iluvfupaburgers

i just entered the site you posted and saw that

5. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

Yeah, thats what i also saw when entering the site...but when u look closer (download section) there are different "R4i"s....Mine is the last one with latest update 1.09d.

6. iluvfupaburgers

well, then you could try using ttmenu v6.40 from retro

7. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

i copied all the files (and 2 folders: Extras, TTmenue) to the root of the flash card (after having formated the card)...but when i try to start the card the screen of my ndsi says "menue?"...

8. iluvfupaburgers

you also need to use the old card's firmware. and rename ttmenu.dat to ttmenu.nds

9. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

thx...firmware...so, what "exactly" is supposed to be firmware about all those files i get when I dlded the "firmware"-zip?
    shall i copy the "moonshl2" folder to the card?

What I have copied to the card so far:

moonshl2 folder (from r4 update)
    ttmenu folder (from ttmenu 6.40 zip)
    ttmenu.nds (renamed from ttmenu.dat, also from ttmenu 6.40 zip)
    golden sun dark dawn (Eng).nds

I get the "Menu?" screen again.
    Then I put on R4imenu folder on, "menu?", then added r4.dat, and it booted up the 1.09d r4 menu...GoldenSun doesnt work though error04 or someting, please reset.

Where am I going wrong? Thx again.

10. iluvfupaburgers

ok, not sure what you are doing, so ill just put the instructions:
    1) dowload 1.09d and extract: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
    2) download ttmenu 6.40 and extract: http://filetrip.net/f22932-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-40.html
    3) format sd card (backup before)
    4) Add 1.09d to the root of the sd card
    5) From ttmenu, you have two files: ttmenu folder and ttmenu.dat. rename ttmenu.dat to ttmenu.nds and copy ttmenu folder and ttmenu.nds to the root of the sd card.
    6) create a folder names GAMES on root of sd card for your games
    7) start ds with card. on the r4 menu. go to ttmenu.nds and start it

11. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

Ah yes, the only thing I didn't do was...well, start the "ttdemo.nds" file from the game menue (didnt consider a menu to be handled as a game i guess). :)
    Thought it would start by itself somehow...cause it wasn't ...a game..or so..well whatever, my thanks goes to iluvfupaburgers, even though I am a vegetarian. ;D Good work.

12. iluvfupaburgers

lol, you can make it start by itself though, just rename ttmenu.nds to default.nds

13. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

You keep on giving. But renaming ttmenu.nds to default.nds didnt change anything. I still have to boot up ttmenu from the r4 game-menu...or what's supposed to happen?

14. Will these instuctions work with regular R4 SDHC
    Post Merge: [time]1291353252[/time]
    I think I followed all intructions. Downloaded Ysmenu, downloaded TTmenu. I have no other firmwares running. I can get old games to run, but when I select TTmenu.nds, I get 2 white screens with a flashing square icon on the bottom left of bottom screen. Suggestions?

15. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Thanks iluvfupaburgers. I have a feeling this also works with the R4 SDHC, and though I can't mess with mine until Monday, as always, great posts. I was feeling overwhelmed by the info on all this.xD And now I'm excited to fool with my first flash cart.XD

16. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The "extras" folder you got from that link...... you don't need that inside your cart. Remove from your SD card but keep it in your computer as you might need it later on.

It will only take up valuable space inside your cart memory. It contains 2 ZIP files containing Panasonic SD Formatter and eNDcryptS. Those are for use through your computer cause its an .EXE program not something that will work through your cart. It was provided along with the other files cause sometimes people need to use it to solve certain rom/cart issues.

Other than that, you've done everything correctly as taught to you by iluvfupaburger.

17. goodfaerie

goodfaerie Member

hi everyone. not posted on this forum before and i am normally utterly useless at getting any roms to work. i just had to come on here and share my happiness at the golden sun rom working on my shdc.

all i did was format my card (after backing up my games) and then downloading this:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

no fiddling about with things with names i dont understand like tts and dat and all that. really all you need to do is format and replace. simple as. and im an amateur.

18. Dezorianguy

Dezorianguy Member

Yeah, if you got the right card at hand. The 1.09d update didn't do anything to my R4i.
    But yeah, even though i still have to boot the menue from the old R4 menue I can finally play GoldenSun too.
    great forum.

19. infernalkain

infernalkain New Member

i got the same card and the new firmware works on mine
    http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4%20V1.29b%20English.zip

20. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member