1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i SDHC v1.4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Rupturedpast, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

Okay, I stupidly removed everything on my R4i SDHC microSD card. I tried going to this website.

R4I-BEST dot com

I downloaded the latest kernel and it doesn't work. I get stuck on the loading screen.

I have the R4i SDHC (the red box)

It says on the box v1.4 but my card reader says 1.45. Is there still a difference?

I really need help because I just bought this yesterday without ever managing to ask on how to update the firmware. If any of you can help with my firmware dilemna, then I'd be really thankful.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

put a pic of your card to have more info, also, try this website http://www.r4sdhc.com/down.asp i dont know if one of those is your card, but if one of those is, download the firmware for that card

3. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

[​IMG]

When the guy gave it to me, the website at the bottom showed:

R4I-BEST dot com.

Not R4I-SDHC.

I'm totally new to this and I had no idea this thing was a clone. I only recently learned of clones, and my first buying another R4 since the apparent original one came out. So I'm totally stuck here because of I don't know if the website given is completely wrong and a faulty source, and worst of all, the similar websites with the same content as this one.

I don't even know if any of these actually work, and they take so god damn slow to download...

So if anybody can help I'd appreciate it so much.

4. iluvfupaburgers

so from what website are you downloading the firmware? from r4i-sdhc or r4i-best

5. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

I tried both actually. And to no avail.

Because of the fact I saw the BEST website first, I tried that one first. Then after, I realized that there were other sources for the firmware, and most of them lead to the namesake, R4i-SDHC.

I'm really losing any hope here. I've been searching and formatting and downloading firmware after firmware.

The first few tries, it got stuck on the loading screen, so apparently I downloaded an official R4 firmware or another R4 clone's.
    I downloaded one on r4rts.cn, and it was actually the CLOSEST one to getting to the menu. The problem is, after the loading screen disappears, it gets stuck on a black screen.

So, I'm pretty much effed.

6. iluvfupaburgers

do you still have backup of your old firmware? try to remember what firmware version was it, and look for it, maybe some files are missing from either website, look for the first firmware in either of those and download it, then upgrade the firmware

7. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

Well the guy told me it was v1.4

The R4i-SDHC section of R4i-best says v1.08. So I'm kinda lost here.

Some websites claim that there are particular firmwares that work on v1.4, which has given me reason that v1.4 isn't technically the firmware, but some sort of version of the card reader or something. I'm getting hella confused here, sorry.

I'm still trying to recover the files.

8. iluvfupaburgers

if you manage to recover the files, thats great, then you can just add ysmenu and every game will work! did you try the other website, r4i-sdhc, there are 2 types of firmware download there, use the 1.23,

9. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

Okay, I'm sorry but I give up.

I remember when I stupidly removed eveyrthing, I had about six files in there.

_DS_MENU.dat
    _DS_MENU.sys
    moonshl2
    monnshl.nds
    _system_
    games.

I've been looking for firmware in r4i-best and every single possible clone website of this crap and I always get this

moonshl2
    moonmemo
    R4iMenu
    R4i

If anyone can help me find the firmware for the one I just described above, that would be great. I'm losing all hope and humanity here T__T

Also, I sometimes get what I think is a correct firmware. But it isn't. I got some firmwares that got past the loading screen but get stuck in the black screen. Anyone help?

10. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me...now I back up all my files
    this video help me and got my r4 working again

I don't know if it'll work for you but it did for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4sNQf2uS4

11. Rupturedpast

Rupturedpast Member

Oh my goodness never mind. I finally found my firmware...

Thank you so much iluvfupaburgers for your time and patience. I really appreciate it!

And innergamemaster, thank you as well. I got some really neat info from the video you gave me.

THANK YOU GUYS.