1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4I-SDHC (Red box) Firmware Expiring ???

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by chris_c66, Apr 19, 2010.

1. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

Please feel free to move.......

A lot of people seem to be getting this cart as it seems to have support at the moment, but following on from ninja_kitty's thread earlier, I have the feeling that they have programmed in a deliberate block on the firmware after a certain time.
    Bought two before Xmas and having not seen the cards for a while they were running v1.12b. Got a phone call the other day to say that both carts stopped working on April 15th giving a "NDS system time discrepancy fault - reset system" and stopped. Updated to v1.20b and all is well - although didn't try winding back the time on the DS to see if original firmware would work.
    But this does beg the question - when they bring out a new cart, all they will need to do is not issue new firmware to force people to the new one by locking the old carts. In the past you could still use the old carts even if they didn't support the new games....

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Interesting thought, maybe they did do that, just to try and get money from less knowledgeable users.
    Not sure it's true though.

It doesn't seem to be something related to the DS firmware though, since it's not affecting all users, so it must be something to do with the flashcarts themselves.

Maybe it's a US Income Tax joke by the firmware developers, (April 15th being the deadline, and all).

3. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

Forgot about the tax deadline !!!
    But definitely cart related - with three here due to old firmware

4. shadowskilled

shadowskilled New Member

I went the other route by changing the NDSL system date back by a year, and it solved the problem. I may look for updated firmware, the thought never occured to me to be honest.

5. ashley_surferboi

ashley_surferboi Well-Known Member

all the r4 cards sites went off and nobody heard from them for a month then all the clones sites started agin.
    if it does shut down don't worry ysmenu and ttds firmware will still be available.
    tt is unlikely to stop anytime soon.
    r4 is chinese and was the main target by the government.

6. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

Ashley

Have not tried it - but is TT and YSmenu compatible with the 1.4 Firmware running on the DSi and XL ?? or could you run YSmenu as a .nds if you could find a version of the firmware that continued to work...

7. xDeathvDealerx

xDeathvDealerx New Member

im running 1.19b and works fine but when i update to 1.20b and turn on my ds it says, "Fake Card Please Return To Retailer"

8. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

aww... i hope it's not true. i just bought a r4i sdhc for my dsi :(

9. Snailmale152

Snailmale152 Member

I did 2 about a week ago lol It works fine for me but some games dont work and I have been digging through this forum to find out if wood r4, and ys menu works for my r4i sdhc cause the firmware they send me blows! p.s I tried ysmenu and I dont know how to install it lol. and wood r4 doesnt work soooooo... I guess I'll have to get a acekard or something. :(

10. chris_c66

chris_c66 Member

Snailmale

Think your software latest is v2.07 from R4SDHC.com for that card. Should be able to run YSmenu as a .nds file from the sd card root or could try wood r4 for clones - but not sure if the R4i cards count as clones.

11. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hmm... i noticed that some games don't work on r4i too, though i still have my edge with me. i just patch the games to make them work. i know nothing about the ysmenu and stuff but i guess i'll have to try it once the new games won't work with patches.