1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i sdhc questions and problems

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by loli909090, Jan 12, 2013.

1. loli909090

loli909090 Member

Hey

im using this r4isdhc.com card :s with ysmenu, i think the card is bad and fake i dont know.

But i want to know if there is any new firmware then the one on thewebsite and witch ysmenu version excatly i should use.

my scn problem would be that pokemon volt white in german is not working correctly, john helped me out a little bit but i get crash when opening pokedex or after prof.jupiter catches the pokemon in the tutorial :s

help please

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Here's the thing,

If your cart's official website don't list any newer firmware for it, then there's no new one for it.
    As for which YSMENU/TTMENU to use? Just read the compatibility list provided in the package that you downloaded.
    In there, match the name of the cart and website with which folder to use as indicated in that text file.
    Then you back up your sd micro, format your cart, return all backed up files + the folder that you are to use.

Did that volt white (Ger) game that you use, been pre-patched or did you patch it yourself? If you did, then, why don't you do these steps;
    1. AP patch a clean/new Pokémon White 1 rom using DS-Scene Rom Tool
    2. Fan translate patch that AP patched rom using the volt white (G) patcher
    After that try again, but first remove the already existing save file from the sd micro, just in case the save file is already corrupted.

If the problem still lingers, it could be the fan-made pokemon volt white (Ger) has some bugs in it, and the one to solve it is whoever made that fan-translation.

3. loli909090

loli909090 Member

yeah it was pre patched :s

no i John tested it and he said it works fine for him so i think im making something wrong >_>

the r4isdhc is not in the compatibily list in rfg thread, but in the .rar there is a folder called r4isdhc ysmenu, witch works^^

4. Prectorian

Yes, the most likely folder to use for your cart is R4_SDHC - R4i_SDHC.
    Well if the YSMENU works well on your cart. Then probably try removing the already created save file, probably corrupted.
    If you wish to discuss it with Jhon, you'll have to wait until he comes online in few more hours.
    He's among the most knowledgeable about YSMENU/TTMENU in this forum, besides of cause RetroGameFan.

5. loli909090

loli909090 Member

i already discussed it with him, he helped me to run the igame witch didtn work at the beginning^^ but i get crashes now :s

i will try the r4i_sdhc ysmenu but i dont think it will work because it has a r4.dat and my card has not the r4i sdhc firmware it has the firmware from r4isdhc xD its total strange

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Your card is not fake, Just a clone that can have issues with big games like Pokemon.

On the other hand maybe quality of micro SD chip at times.

I had no issues regarding any freeze, even opening pokedex menu

But I have R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) one of the better cards for WoodR4 and YSMenu, OK I have a 2GB Micro SD kingston brand .

My Guess you could try a diffrent brand of Micro SD chip.

As on RGF also maybe try your main firmware and ysmenu as a second loader, and not main loader.

@prectorian

plz help me translate what I mean in better understanding xd ;)

7. Prectorian

@Jhon,

What you said above is already straight forward. No need for me to elaborate.

8. loli909090

loli909090 Member

hm i have a 4gb mirco sd card.. from san disk :s i have another normal sd card 2gb in my phone, i will try this one too

i can play pokemon white/black normally only the hack does not work

9. Jhon 591

@prectorian

Ok dokey ;D

@loli909090

Yep see how the other chip goses.

game 93% DLed.
    Post Merge: [time]1358085050[/time]
    Updated 01/13/2013

DSTT/YSMenu DAT's Updated To ROM's Number v6147

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/6JWBUSLS/DAT_s_v6147_0.rar

Over-Ride DAT's extinfo.dat/infolib.dat/savlib.dat/usrcheat.dat
    into the TTMenu folder of either DSTT/YSMenu R4's - Are any of RGF ttmenu folders.

Incuded latest titlelist6147.xml use with TTdT.exe

Changelog v6147 - Credit's in text files

Code:
    Fixed - IRBO - XXXX Pokemon Blaze Schwarz (GER)
    Fixed - IRAO - XXXX Pokemon Volt Weiss (GER)
    Fixed - VWVV - XXXX Witches & Vampires Ghost Priates of Asburry (AUS) (Au,Eu,Ge)
    Farcry Fixed - TC2E - 6147 Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 (USA) (En,Fr,Es,It)
    Farcry Fixed - THUE - 6146 ThunderCats (USA) (Ang,Fr,All,Ita,Esp)
    Farcry Fixed - TLLE - 6145 Lalaloopsy Carnival of Friends (USA) (Anglais)
    Farcry Fixed - TDUE - 6144 Nickelodeon Team Umizoomi and Doras Fantastic Flight (USA) (Anglais)
    Fixed - B5BX - XXXX Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Defiance (Europe) (Es,It)

10. loli909090

loli909090 Member

hm still pokemon crash after opening pokedex or the proff wants to give me the pokeballs :c thats strange -.- i want to play the games >_>

11. Jhon 591

Ok on no$gba through no$zoomer on opening pokedex screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. loli909090

loli909090 Member

hm but i want to play it on ds so it can be portable :s

13. Jhon 591

At a black on this...

Just clone cards for you I suppose.

14. loli909090

loli909090 Member

hm yes i guess^^ what else should i do with the ds? i have verything else :s

15. Jhon 591

Ask about see if anyone has an old R4 original about, should have no issues on woodR4 then.