1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i sdhc problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by broot22, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broot22

broot22 Member

hello all
    i have bought a r4i sdhc for a friend who lives in the u.s and need to get it set up for him
    i've have done r4's before but not a r4i
    can i test it on my ds lite?
    when i put it in my ds lite it says update firmware but i have installed 1.10
    any help on this would be appreciated
    thanks

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

do it have a 1.4 mark? if not, look at the colum at the right and download there. now it must do it. (on the website by download) (website: www.r4i-sdhc.com)

3. broot22

broot22 Member

no 1.4 mark just r4i sdhc on the front will try your link thanks for the help

4. yoshi2889

ok then, i have the same r4, so if you want help, just ask!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The r4i should work on any dsi, unless the firmware you got is the wrong kinda-all the fakes and clones make it difficult to locate the correct firmware.

Where did you get the firmware can I ask?

It's too late to say-but the acekard brand is now one of the best-cyclods is also a good card (but not dsi compatible).

6. broot22

broot22 Member

tried the firmware still saying update firmware
    the problem i have is i dont have the dsi i have a ds lite and need to test it before i post to u.s.a as my mate cant even turn a ds on lol
    do u make a folder just like the old r4 or do i put the games in other area?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I't not sure as I won an acekard.

If it fails on a dslite it would also fail on a dsi.

WHat site did you use-you may have used the wrong firmware for the wrong r4 type (like I said-too many clones/fakes each with different types of firmware).

8. broot22

broot22 Member

got the firmware from r4isdhc.com as in the post by yoshi
    and bought from r4i.co.uk

9. yoshi2889

oh, whats standing on the front? (by my its: R4i upgrade revolution for ds (ndsi/ndsl/nds) WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM)

10. broot22

broot22 Member

thats what it says on mine
    could i be putting the games folder in wronfg place
    when i unzip it to the sd card i make a folder there for games just like r4 is this right
    thanks

11. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

You are not the only one with this problem. I have the same R4i card and it does not work on my DS lite or my v1.4 DSi. I think there is a problem with the 1.10b update for this card.

I have ordered an acekard 2.i because I am sick of waiting for a fix that works.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But at least your not alone.

12. broot22

broot22 Member

no any help on this is apreciated thanks i ll try the 1.09 update see if that works
    Post Merge: [time]1254161429[/time]
    big thanks to every 1 who helped me
    i format then used the 1.09b firmware works fine now
    cheers

13. yoshi2889

the 1.10 firmware works only on cards with a 1.4 mark, try the 1.09 firmware. and it is not working on dsi v.1.04

14. broot22

broot22 Member

1.o9 works perfectly
    shipped it of to my friend think he will be very happy with it
    thanks

15. yoshi2889

oh, and tell him this: DONT UPDATE DSI TO V. 1.04!! because the update will do something with your flashcard... only a m3i could rule all versions of dsi. and you must make a folder named games, only it will detect .nds if in the same order: /root/games then it cant detect anymore, so it only can detect in the root and the folder in the root.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Best wat around is to get a brand that is updated constantly..like my trusty acekard :)

17. yoshi2889

yeah, i HATE my DSi (not the browser, but that he dont let the flashcard does his work)

18. yoshi2889

Please don`t ask questions here, this topic hasn`t been used in 5 days. I visit the mod`s friendly to lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.