1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i SDHC menu errors, tried all the common fixes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TsubameOzuno, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

Hi all, I read the common issues forum, and I am having some issues with my R4i.

I was having issues getting two games to work (CT and KH) so I reformatted my card and re-installed the R4i SDHC firmware from the official website. Now when I try to launch the firmware it gives me the red menu error folder.

I freshly reinstalled the firmware after reformatting the card and it still doesn't work. I tried reformatting again (both Mac OS Extended and Fat32) and it also doesn't work still. My card did work at one point, so I know it's a legit card. Any help or suggestions?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The red menu error means that it cannot find the menu files required.

A common mistake is when you download the english firmware, it comes in a folder called "English" or "ENG". You cannot just put this folder on your card, you have to take all the folders and files out of that folder, and put them on your card.

3. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

I installed the 3 separate files. r4.dat, the R4i menu folder, and moonshl2. It's the same way I set it up before when it worked exactly, and it's not recognizing it now.

4. TirithRR

What is the website you downloaded them from? http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp ?

5. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

6. TirithRR

Which version did you download? 1.09 or 1.10?

7. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

1.09, I don't have the right card for 1.10

8. TirithRR

Can you post a screenshot of the files on your MicroSD?

9. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

As attached at this link
    http://homepage.mac.com/tsume/Screen.jpg (Sorry for the large size, just quickly captured it and put it up. Let me know if it doesn't load)
    Post Merge: [time]1254120234[/time]
    As an update, I tried it with a different SD card, same install procedures. Could it be something with my DS? Because I am literally doing the same thing that used to work just fine.

10. brutusbrutus

brutusbrutus Member

Hello, I downloaded a bunch of games onto my 4gb card, it was working and everything and then i turned it on and it's giving me the message "MENU?" in red on the top screen. Can you PLEASE help me? Thank you soooooooo much!!! :)

11. orions57

orions57 Well-Known Member

red menu in top screen means wrong software i believe for your card should be v1.06 thats if its the r4i sdhc without the 1.4 logo in the yellow star on the front of the r4 card

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.