1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i SDHC Help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MonochromeKiss, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've got a Dsi (1.4)
    naturally my R4i (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com.hk/indexe.htm) doesn't work.
    the site says that i should use the 1.09b kernel to make it work on my 1.4 Dsi.
    The thing is I can't make it work.
    A little help please? Do I need an Updater or something?

2. windowman09

windowman09 Member

ihave downloaded games they work on my ds mut wont work on wifes dsi it says nane to long shorten name tried to shorten name but still dosent work can any one help wife giving me gbh cos hers dont work thanks

3. sadboy

sadboy Guest

you have fake cart so it wont work

4. danny4

danny4 Active Member

r4i-sdhc with v1.4 on the card you need to download firmware 1.4b the firmware 1.09b only work with r4i sdhc without v1.4 on your card

5. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

If you bought your R4iSDHC before November it's trash. Won't get it work for an DSi 1.4. You just need Wi-Fi-, with which you could update your NDS. If you Card doens't work you should get an M3i or Acecard2i ;-)

6. @Danny
    where do i download firmware 1.4b?

Oh and my card was bought in December though.

7. retard183

retard183 New Member

yep this r4i is fake it will barely work....in matter of fact it will never work

8. So it's Hopeless then? Even though it's a fake? :'( :eek:

9. GhanaChris

Its not hopeless,- Fake or not, it doesn't care....
    Try using this Software from this Site: (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp)
    If it doesn't work ask a Friend for a NDSL to see if it works...

10. @ghana Chris
    Thanks A Lot!~
    Which of the two do i Download? The 1.14b? or the 1.09b? My card doesn't have the 1.4 mark on the label though.
    :D

11. danny4

danny4 Active Member

then you should download the 1.09b if your card without the v1.4 mark on it, one more thing the card without v1.4 mark on it won't work with dsi 1.4 firmware if you already update you dsi firmware through nintendo, the card with v1.4 mark on it should work with nds lite and dsi 1.4 firmware

12. I'm Quite Confused.
    So this means that my R4i cart won't ever work on my Dsi again? This means i should buy a new one already?
    When i bought my Dsi the R4i card came with so uh.
    there's no firmware that could make it work for my 1.4 DSi?

13. GhanaChris

No, then you need a new Card. However your Card is playable with a NDSL/ NDsi 1.3, I guess.... Sorry

14. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

If you are going to have to buy a new card go for acekard 2i. It will work with version 1.4 (although you may need a ds or dsi with less than 1.4 to do this)

I have moved to this and have alot less problems with games not working than the r4i card.

15. Oh i see, I guess buying a new card would be much better after all the R4i just came along with my Dsi when i bought it. ;)

Thanks guys~

Aside from the Acedkard would Iedge be a good card to get? ;D

16. GhanaChris

After Acecard2i you should look out for an M3i....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.