1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i-sdhc help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shameers, Jun 3, 2009.

?

Which flashcart for dsi is the best?

1. R4I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. R4I-SDHC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ACEKARD2I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ITOUCH2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. DSTTI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shameers

shameers New Member

I'm having some problems with my new r4i-sdhc all it says is ? menu

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I did not know that the R4 company made a flash cart for the Nintendo DSi...try reinstalling the firmware or check google for some further instructions. If you do not have any luck and you are going to buy another cart, buy an AceKard 2i. That works perfectly both with the DS and DSi. However instead of using the official firmware, I would highly recommend using the AKAIO custom firmware. I say this because I use a 3in1 EzFlash, and everything just flows nicer(if that makes any sense :)
    miros
    ps. Good Luck!!

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to load the firmware files onto your MicroSD card.

Go to linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download the latest firmware for your brand of card.

Read the Common Issues thread for more information:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

(Edit: I failed at copy/pasting the correct link...)

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

5. shameers

shameers New Member

I fixed it I just extracted the files instead of putting it in a folder ;D ;D ;D

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You weren't supposed to have them in another folder.

7. Punk Your Face

Punk Your Face New Member

Ok, I just got my R4i SDHC in the mail today, and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Your all just gonna have to humor me, if you want that is, because I know next to nothing about this stuff. All I know is I wanna play games for free on my DSi, and I'm willing to go through all the tech crap to get it to work.

I downloaded the latest program, or whatever on R4i-SDHC.com, and extracted it to my Micro SD Card. I know that's where I'm doing something wrong. When I load it up, all I get is a red card that says "?Menu", as someone else said. I don't know what he meant when he said he got it to work. All I know is this is driving me crazy, and I wanna get the damn thing to work!

Thanks in advance for anyone who actually helps me get through this mess.

Oh, and P.S. Forgive my ignorance on the matter...

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

When you downloaded the file and extracted it, it was extracted to a folder, probably called "R4-i English V1.09b" or something similar

You have to take all the folders and files out of that folder and put them directly on your card.
    It should be:

R4iMenu
    moonshl2
    moonmemo
    R4.dat

Your flashcart is looking for the files to be on the root (no folder) of your card, and it can't find them because they aren't there, they are in a folder.

9. Punk Your Face

Punk Your Face New Member

^THANK YOU!!! But I have another problem... Now when I load it up, all it says is "www.r4i-sdhc.com" and "Loading..." below that. It's been that way for about 5 minutes now. Any ideas as to why? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take this long to load...
    Post Merge: [time]1251518533[/time]
    Scratch that last message. I got it! I just deleted and re-downloaded everything. I can't thank you enough! You saved me a lot of trouble. I mean it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.