1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4I SDHC HELP ME!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jackjack09, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

I have been using the R4I SDHC card for almost a year now, I don't know what I was thinking but I accidently said yes and updated my DSI to version 1.4.1 and can no longer use my card. Is there is a kernel to update this card? Is it now a lost cause? Is there a card to get that supports this version? Will I ever be able to use/play the stuff that was on this card?? I want to cry... :(

2. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Don't worry dude.First of all,make a backup of everything that was on your R4.Save it on you computer [duh].
    I'm not sure if you can do anything with your R4 now...That happened to my friend.So,you can always buy a new one! :D
    You can sell your R4 to get money for a buy either an Acekard or a SuperCard DS Two.ShopTemp is a good store for that.
    If you care about GBA/SNES emulation,buy the DSTwo.If you don't give a shit to either,buy an Acekard.
    The DSTwo has an advanced CPU,so 98% of ALL games won't even need patching.Also,an app like the Iplayer[plays .mkv, .wmv, .avi and a fuck lot of other video extensions] is about to be released for it :p On the other hand,the DSTwo take mooore battery to work properly.Anyway,My DSTwo should arrive tomorrow,I don't know much about the Acekard...but the DSTwo is way better hoho.

Anyway,if you buy another flashcard,just move in the .sav files [the backup]of your games,so you won't lose anything.Think of it as if it was vacations from your DS :p

3. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

I am so not good at this technical stuff, so can you tell me what the exact name of the card to get that will work with this version of DSI? Thanks so much for your help, cooking and gardening mama are really missing me. HAHAHA!