1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i-SDHC help! Card update help required to save useless Dad for young son

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sparky74, Aug 27, 2012.

1. sparky74

sparky74 Member

Hi ya - I have a R4i-SDHC card and have had no problems until the last update - im not sure why its stopped working - DSi wifi is turned off and its running v1.44e. I've tried updating with suggested kernel 1.11d but just get: an error has occured please turn off the DS etc.

ww.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Any help or guidence greatfully received as my son asks constantly every day!

Thanks in advance!

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The error message you are receiving is due to your DSi being updated and is now blocking flashcarts.

So you need to go to the website of your cart and see if they have released an upgrade.

If they haven't then you need to either wait to see if they will release an upgrade or purchase a new flashcart.

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Ethan is correct you will not be able to use the DSi you have recently updated, but you can use any DS that your flashcart will work on.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Answer simple don't update DSI, They is not much within updates appart from been a pain xd.

5. sparky74

sparky74 Member

...thanks for this everyone; however I have downloaded the available update but when I insert into my other ds which hasnt been updated - it does play but I can't see anything under config where to
    activate the upgrade? Make sense?!

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The update/upgrade has to put into the root of the microSD and you select it and then run it on your DS/Lite

7. sparky74

sparky74 Member

At the moment there is nothing else on this card so I guess its likely to be in the correct place? thanks in advance; this is most definitely the most helpful site!

8. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

If the upgrade is the only thing on your microSD then just select and run it.

9. sparky74

sparky74 Member

I have another card for my other son and i've updated his fine - i.e I could see what I had to do to update it - hopefully another update will be released or I guess its another card. Any recommendations and from where??!

10. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

I've linked you to a good little budget card which will work fine on the DS or the DSi and the site i've linked you to is very trustworthy as i've made purchases there myself and

they're pretty quick on the delivery http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/dsi_r4i_gold_slot-1_flashcard_type_d__www_r4ids_cn__3ds_1_4_4_compatible_wood_3ds.html

11. simona12

simona12 Active Member

sparky card you have that uses 1.11d i dont think can be updated to work on dsi on 1.4.4 use link funguy gave you is a great card

12. simona12

simona12 Active Member

Ethan Arm that is not a cheap site at all for any cards is chaper sites than that

13. sparky74

sparky74 Member

Thanks for all the help and recommendations and especially the link; off to choose a new cart. ::)