1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i-sdhc error on 3DS- Please help ):

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SilverLucy, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SilverLucy

SilverLucy New Member

I updated from the R4i-sdhc website like everyone says but it still doesn't work. It says "An error has occured. Press and hold the power button..." and you know the rest.. My 3DS version is 5.1.0-11E, is that the problem? And if it is, can I downgrade by any chance? Or will there be a compatible update for the R4i card anytime soon? I know the R4i card works properly because I got it from a friend and it worked on his 3DS.
    I'm new to this as you can see, I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Check your R4's official website for an update for it to run on the 3DS's firmware v.5.1.0-11. If there is, you might need to borrow your friend's console which is below your 3DS's firmware version (if you have an older DS console, use it) to perform the upgrading of your flash cart's firmware. If you can't find any update from your R4's website, then either wait until it's released or buy a new-better supported cart if none comes around.

Can't downgrade your 3DS console's firmware, it's a one way process. Next time don't upgrade your console before upgrading your flash cart.

3. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Active Member

What version is the cart? If its 4.4 or below there is no update for it yet. Only carts marked 4.5 or RTS can be updated at the moment.
    If your not sure, check on your friends ds. Go into config then upgrade. It will tell you the current version of the cart and update version of the cart available. 5.0 will work on 5.1.0 hope that makes sense.

Also if it is 4.4 or below we have been waiting since december for an update so who knows :-(

4. SilverLucy

SilverLucy New Member

Thanks for the quick replies!
    I didn't upgrade it unfortunately I got it this way...
    I checked and it's 4.4, so basically I have to buy a new one?

5. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Active Member

Yes it looks that way, I have personally avoided this cart this time round though there are better ones that keep up to date and are only a couple of pounds more.