1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i - Running game slow

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DorTheScripter, Nov 27, 2010.

1. DorTheScripter

DorTheScripter Well-Known Member

Well, It's not that it's "slow" (although it does look a bit slower then most of the youtube videos playing), but more then whenever I enter a door, a cave, or anything else that causes the screen go black and then back to the game, it stays in the black screen for a much longer time then expected.

It's very notable on Pokemon, every time I enter/exit a building, get into a wild/trainer battle, or anything else that cause the game to "load" takes forever. I gave HG up even before the second gym, it's unbearable! anyone knows this problem/knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance, Dor.

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Can i ask what firmware you use,
    Also how long does it load then?

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it most probably is your sd card. some sd cards experience this

4. DorTheScripter

the sdcard? well then, how do I fix it? format?
    if so, what should be the block size?

5. CoolKill3r

You cant fix it, buy an new SD card or try another one you might have lying around.
    Also care to tell me what brand the SD card is? like sandisk kingstone ect...

6. DorTheScripter

It's a sandisk, 4GB.

7. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

my iEDGE does that when i play animal crossing.
    it doesn't bother me to much.

8. Lals

Lals Member

Its probably the size of your Micro-SD.. and how full it is. Try taking a few games off it you dont play, it should speed most of your games up, Although the slowness is minimal side effect of having a flashcart :(

9. CoolKill3r

I dont think thats it,
    I myself have 5 SD cards both totally full wiht only 10/50MB left,
    But everything loads normal!

10. DorTheScripter

I understand that, but I don't think it should be THIS slow, I mean, in black/white, there's this effect when entering a building, of zooming in on your character until the building is loaded, well on my DS it literally zooms the entire character out of the edges of the screen, because of the long waiting time.
    Post Merge: [time]1290880050[/time]
    Alright then, I'll try changing to a 2GB mSD card that I have, and see if that works.
    Post Merge: [time]1290885590[/time]
    UPDATE: Done, seems to work a whole lot better now, after changing the card! Thanks a lot :)

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

Check the card class, sometimes a class 2 gives lag in some games, better go for a class 4 or above

12. aneeza

aneeza New Member

hello my name is ANEESA and im having a huge problem with my r4i card i hadn't played on it for atleast 2 mounth then alll of a sudden whan i put it in my dsi it had stopped working and came up with error please chaeck nds system date it is a v1.4 can some boddy PLEASE HELPP ME IM GOING MADD!!!!!!!! :eek:

13. CoolKill3r

Take it easy...breath a few seconds!
    Done?

Well format your card and just dowload the latest firmware for your card again!

14. dsldsi

dsldsi Member

Data loading from microSD works the same as that in your PC. If the disk of the PC is fragmented, it takes longer for the application to load. If the disk is full or almost full, the loading speed is also significantly affected. There are two options to go around the problem:
    1. Run Disk Defragmentation (Right click the Removal Disk under My Computer, Choose Properties, Choose Tool & Run the Disk Defragmentation programme from there).
    2. If option 1 is not veryful, back up all the data on the microSD and do a FULL format of the microSD using FAT32 format.

The above will normally solve all the slow loading problem with the microSD.
    Post Merge: [time]1290927733[/time]

The above system date problem can solved quite quickly with a little trick by changing the system date of the DS console to an earlier date such as that in the 2009.