1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i red box help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gus777t, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus777t

gus777t New Member

Looking for help with the icon on the start up screen on DSi, instead of the R4 icon it has the name of a game on the icon that i don't even have on the micro sd card. This is a new R4i card updated to work with v1.4 with 1.12b software loaded. I have asked the card seller why this was and he told me to check on the r4i-sdhc website for software update. looking for a fix if anyone can help? Thanks

2. lotr3

lotr3 Member

If it is Star Wars that is the default game set by R4i to fool the DSi into thinking there is a paid for game in the game slot. Hope this helps

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Well there is paid for the card in te slot (well, I think)! The R4i only fools the DSi into thinking that it is a actual game card. So just click on the game and you'll get the R4i menu.

4. gus777t

gus777t New Member

yes it's star wars, thanks . can i change the icon? or is only with the v1.4 that this happens Thanks again
    Post Merge: [time]1260988026[/time]
    All the menu's and games work fine, it's just the annoying icon at the start.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Deleted

Edit: got it rong of what you sed

6. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

mine is exactly the same,star wars lethal alliance ubisoft icon instead of a nice green r4 one,you must be able to open one of the files if you put the micro sd into your card reader and change it like you do with the skins,but as kiekoes says the r4 is tricking the ds into thinking iot has a genuine cartridge in it so it may not work if you do change the icon but its easy to back it up and have a go if it dont work just put it back as it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.