1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i (R4ultra.com): Playing Radiant Historia and Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Solvash, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Solvash

Solvash Member

Hello all and please excuse my, no doubt, newbish sounding questions...But...I'll just get to the point.
    I recently got an R4 clone flash cart, the R4i from r4ultra.com. I've downloaded the software (kernel?) from the website and put it on a microsd card for the flashcart. I then dowloaded Radiant Historia, patched it, then tried to play. All I got was a white screen.

Next, I tried downloading the YSmenu/TTmenu thing. I followed instructions I found on the Radiant Historia compatibility issue thread, I believe, and put the TTmenu folder and TTmenu.dat file from the DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu folder onto the flashcart. It still only gives me a blank white screen. By this time I had also downloaded and tried to play Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. That only gives me a black screen.

The only thing I can think that might be wrong is that I am using the R4i on a DSLite...Oh, wait, was I supposed to remove the original software files when I put in the TTmenu files? Well, I simply ask you all for your advice.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you need to download akaio 1.81 for r4 ultra which is found on the r4ultra website. then you need to activate the bypass ap feature for the game you want to play that has ap. to do this you need to go to the game you want the ap bypass on. press (Y), then press (Y) again. then go to bypass antipiracy and enable it. then save settings by pressing (A) and (A) again

3. Solvash

Solvash Member

Alright, I've downloaded it. It seems to have similar files to that original kernel software 1.56 version that I downloaded originally. Does AKAIO replace those?

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes. make sure you erase the old firmware files before adding the akaio ones. just incase

5. Solvash

Solvash Member

Ah! It seems to be working fine now. I truly appreciate all your help, advice, and your willingness to help a novice like me. =)