1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kristin1212, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristin1212

Kristin1212 Member

Hi guys!! I finally got my R4i working, and I have a few questions. When I load the game on my r4i DSi LL.. underneath the game are three checked boxes that say DMA, Reset and Cheat. All three are checked off every time I go to load the game. Does anyone know what they mean and what checking or un-checking the boxes mean, thanks!

Kristin :p

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Hmm, well I'm pretty sure that "Reset" means it enables soft-reset. Which allows you to soft reset.

The ""Cheat" check box allows you to use/disable/enable cheats.

And I'm not sure what the "DMA" button does, I'll have to ask my friend, because I gave him my R4 along time ago and I forgot what "DMA" does.

By The Way, I assuse your using YSMenu? Becuase these are the boxes that are on YSMenu.

3. Kristin1212

Kristin1212 Member

What is a soft reset and how do I do it?

Kristin

4. bkerr01

bkerr01 Active Member

It lets you go back to main menue without having to turn DS of .

Hold down X Y A B buttons plus left and right trigger buttons they are below hinges at same time. PRESTO*****

5. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

DMA means Direct Memory Access, if the game works with it on, then leave it on. Generally speaking it might make the game load faster, or less inclined to experience slowdowns related to a slow SD, especially when saving games.

6. Kristin1212

Kristin1212 Member

Thanks for all your help guys! Kisses xxx!

Kristin :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.