1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by leyorchard, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

Hi, i'm a complete newbie at this so apologies!!!!

I've got an r4i card v1.4 and i've downloaded the 1.4 firmware etc, I've downloaded some games and put them on which show on my laptop.

When I load it onto the dsi it shows up ok but when I try to click on the spinning wheel picture it just says wifi connection failed. If I click on the games picture,or media it justs says error.

What am I doing wrong, I spoke to the company I bought it off and theyve said just send it back, no probs, but I want to be sure I'm not doing something stupid!!!!

Any ides anyone???

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

You need to put folders onto it, also need to name them accordingly to the object. Like Nds, Videos, and some sorts.

3. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

Do you mean when I open the card on the laptop and drag the games over to it they should be put into folders????

At the moment when I open the card it lists the 4 things which I downloaded and then i've just put the games underneath??

4. zerobahamut

Yeah separate folders

5. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

Ok I'll have a go, thanks

6. zerobahamut

Your welcome

7. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

No it didn't work, still the same. When I click on games it comes up with the moonshell box and if I click on that it says an error detected.

I still kinda think its probably me doing something wrong!!!!

Any more ideas????

8. zerobahamut

uh, make sure the names are correct such as a ds game should end with .nds and yeah.

9. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

It says RAR file?

10. zerobahamut

Oh ok
    You jus need to extract it. Right click and then click on extract here. it should do

11. leyorchard

leyorchard Member

Sorry you've lost me!! If I right click it I can only open it, nothing about extracting it.

I'll come back tomorrow and have another go, thanks for helping, its beginning to stress me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

Do you have a file extractor like Winrar? If not just download one and extract the .rar and cut paste the .nds file.

13. pheekum

pheekum Active Member

Oh i know the problem

youve updated to version 1.4 which blocks most R4s

14. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

I know what that is.

Does it say GE?

If so don't click it. Click on the Area saying games. If it doesn't say anything left icon.

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

Is this the website? I have an old card but am using new firmware. Just turn sounds of and delete the icon (/R4iMenu/WIFI/skin).

EDIT Icons are as follows: Games(left) Media(moonshell(middle)) Config(right).

15. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

i would advise format the micro sd and start again with the link matty99955 has given you,download the v1.4 firmware and then extract it to your micro sd using winrar(right click extact to.....removable disk f or whatever it comes up as in your pc)
    you can get this winrar program from filehippo or rarlab.com you need it to do the operation.
    then you download the nds game roms from here(romulation.net) double left click the rar file then double left click the yellow folder file then you will see another rar file double left click that and it will open a few other folders right click the one called for instance mariokart.nds and go to (extract to) and then choose the disc folder you have your micro sd plugged into via usb.it will send the nds file to your sd card and providing you have moommemo/moonshl2/r4imenu/r4.dat (these files and folders were in the v1.4 firmware you downloaded)it should work.to format the card just put it into the usb port and then go to my computer on the desktop and right click the disk its in like removable disk f for instance and then go down to format it will ask you if you want to format the disk and it will erase all the contents of the disk say yes and then it will take a few seconds to do it.

16. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Post Merge: [time]1262214266[/time]
    I'll divide the category's you've said and I edited some text to make the spell correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.