1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i on 3DS?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by MichaRulez, Dec 26, 2013.

1. MichaRulez

MichaRulez Well-Known Member

Hello Guys,

I got myself a new 3DS for Christmas (Limited Gold "Zelda - A Link between two Worlds Edition" ... Fuck yeah). The whole time I had an NDSi with a R4i (v.1.4) running on it. Just to say it now: I know it is impossible to play 3DS roms at the moment, but I wanted to ask, if I can use my old R4i card of the DSi (e.g. with a new firmware) to play the old NDS roms or do I have to buy a specialized 3DS flash card?

Hope you can answer me.

Sorry for my bad english... I tried to do my best.

Edit: My 3DS has ver. 7.1.0-14E on it

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No. There are no flashcarts that can work on that 3DS firmware version at this time.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Actually there are several; on condition the carts had been pre-installed at least with update for firmware v.6.2.0. Here's the list thanks to ROMUniverse.

As for your R4i, not sure from which site it is. But if it's among those mentioned in the above list. Upgrade your cart to that firmware using the DSi or older console. Otherwise buy one that's listed among the above names. As for playing 3DS rom, who says it's impossible?! It is now possible using Gateway, R4i 3DS Deluxe, and 3 other names; however NOT ON YOUR CONSOLE since it's v.7.1.0. The highest firmware version these 3DS rom flash cartridge player can run on is 3DS console firmware v.4.5.0. You'll have to make do with playing original game cartridges for the time being since yours is v.7.1.0.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

those carts specify version 7.0, the console in question is 7.1. There's no guarantee they will work.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It will, so long they are running that firmware version provided by their respective providers as specified in the quoted info.
    Firmware v.7.1.0 actually doesn't block the use of flash cartridges, it was for performance enhancement fix. Carts not working since previous firmware update, and still not getting any update since v.6.2.0 was released obviously will not work.