1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i help..please!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by amlee1978, Aug 23, 2010.

1. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

My son has an R4i for his DSi and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am loading the software on it and when I turn on the DSi it only gets to "Loading....." and doesn't go any farther.

Can someone help me out? Thanks.

2. fgd0987

fgd0987 Member

the kernel and everything is there right? Maybe viewing there website ( http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp ) would be better. Another suggestion is if you have the kernel then you should update to a newer.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

there are many r4i's, which one is it specifically, because there are some that the kernel is outdated, and doesnt work with dsi on the 1.4 firmware

4. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

It just says R4i and under that it says Revolution for DS..the website on it is www.r4ids.com.

5. iluvfupaburgers

did you download the latest one there is?

6. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

Yeah and the damn thing said it was corrupt. Bad enough it took forever to download only to find that...The latest one is from May, I believe.

7. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, that is the bad thing, first try formatting the card then, then put the firmware again

8. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

I got it to work! After reading some posts I discovered more people recommended the acekard..which we also have and I found the files I needed and tried that instead and it works :) Thanks for your help!

9. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

why didnt you just use acekard it better in every way

10. amlee1978

amlee1978 Member

Because my son told me the acekard was broken, which apparently it's not. After getting p*ssed off at the R4i, I decided to try the acekard anyway.

11. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

how olds he