1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Help "Couldn't find _DS_Menu.SYS"

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jumpsuperstar, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jumpsuperstar

Jumpsuperstar Member

I just got my R4i today, Iv never used a flashcard before. When I load it up it gives me the message "Couldn't find _DS_Menu.SYS". Someone please help me, my DSi is on 1.4U that might be part of the problem. Please someone, is there anything I can do?

2. supermega_boy

supermega_boy Well-Known Member

Which R4i are you using? there are several ones...

3. Jumpsuperstar

Jumpsuperstar Member

Idk the box just says R4i SDHC&RTS v1.4 revolution for DS

4. supermega_boy

Yey!! I have that one too!!! Well then did you download the firmware from the official site?

5. Jumpsuperstar

Jumpsuperstar Member

I'm not sure if I did download it from the official site cuz my friend said it sucked and gave me a bunch of different firmwares from various sites. Should I try the official site? Can you link it please? I don't know the address.

6. supermega_boy

Well don't believe your friend because I been using this kind of FlashCart for a long time and other firmwares don't work on it because it works differently... I already tried other firmwares such as YSMenu, Wood R4, etc. but they don't work on the r4i sdhc&rts.. just donwload the firmware from here: http://www.r4rts.cn/download-en.htm#kernel and choose the language you want then unzip it and put EVERY FILE from the ZIP file into your flashcart and there will be a file called _DS_Menu.SYS that's the file that your card is missing :) but put every file from the ZIP folder into the root of your SD card.

And the firmware from r4i sdhc rts is not that bad but it isn't perfect... it is just decent

7. Jumpsuperstar

Jumpsuperstar Member

Ok thanks so much dude! If for some reason I'm still having problems I'll post again. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

8. supermega_boy

OK no problem just tell me if you have any other problem with it