1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i gold won't work :(

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by scubababe69, Dec 30, 2012.

1. scubababe69

scubababe69 New Member

hello have probs had this topic on many accassions sorry to be a pain I brought a card today have the micro sim cards have formated those and download the kernel needed for my r4i gold card witch is r4i3DSv4.1 ? i copy all the firmware on to the micro card take it out but in r4 card then into my dsi turn on go to game slot and it says no game is entered grrrr i have reseached and researced doing my head in :( my friend has now took the cards to see if she can help am i doing anything wrong please please help :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

A. What is your cart's official website?
    B. What is your DSi's firmware in use? Is it v.1.4.5 or older?
    C. Did you properly follow the installation instruction for your cart's kernel as indicated by your cart's website?
    D. If it's R4i Gold from R4ids.cn or R4idsn.com, only the revision 'C' card has update to work on the v.1.4.5 DSi firmware.
    E. And DSi v.1.4.5 blocks the use of flash cartridge that hasn't been upgraded to work on it. So make sure your cart has the proper
    firmwares needed to work on it before upgrading your console to v.1.4.5, otherwise it will be blocked off.

1. What do you mean when you say 'no game is entered'?
    Did you add any game roms into the SD Micro? The game roms are files that uses .NDS extension.
    If you haven't, then of cause there's no games in it to play with.
    2. What do you mean when you say ' i copy all the firmware on to the micro card take it out but in r4 card then
    into my dsi turn on go to game slot '?

Did you mean to say that after you added the Ri's kernel into the SD Micro, run it on the console, ejected the R4i,
    and decided to play the DSi without the flash cart inserted in the cart slot?

I can understand that from reading the above, English isn't your primary language. But frankly speaking, your above post is really confusing to comprehen.