1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold v1.35 backlight. Help!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by KingWooper, Sep 19, 2010.

1. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

So I just updated my firmware to 1.35 (http://filetrip.net/f12549-R4ids-Gold-Official-Firmware-V1-35.html), and it's really cool because I can play Pokemon White with it. I have one problem though:

How do I change the backlight's intensity?

In the previous versions, there was a button on the corner (you could also use the L button), but now I can't find any way to lower the light, and I like playing in the lowest light setting.

Please help me. :-\

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

are you using a NDS lite or a NDSi? because it can be done in the BIOS of the system...

3. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

I'm using a Lite.

I know it can be done in the BIOS, but the flashcart automatically boots up with the second-to-highest level, regardless of what the BIOS is set to.

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well the games should still play with how it's set in in the bios... if it doesn't, i guess you could always try going into the setting of the flashcard...

5. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

Which settings? I can't get to open any, with any buttons. D:

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

damn...it's times like this that make me wish i had a copy >.> have you tried pressing the start button? i've never really used my R4's original firmware, and i've never used a clone >.>

7. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

Star button takes me back to the Game/Media/Slot2 screen.

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...that's different...i'm sorry, but i dunno how to help you with this -.-" guess ya gotta wait till someone who owns one is on :p

9. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

Ok, I'll wait.

10. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i dont own one, but, did you also try putting the light intensity down from the ds?

11. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

Yes, I did.