1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jeener14, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeener14

jeener14 Member

So, I recently got my R4i Gold card to get to the menu, but I cannot load the game. It doesn't get stuck on the Loading screen, but says that there is "no boot loader".

I have looked around a lot for help and for tutorials for loading and setting up the card, but i haven't found out what I did wrong. I have winRAR, and i extracted the files to the T-Flash that came in the box, but the "no boot loader" still stops me.

The first time I downloaded the games, I just opened the files with winRAR and extracted them that way. I also tried it where I saved the files then opened them with winRAR. Both times came up with the same results.

Please help :(

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

So have you re-loaded the kernel??

http://www.r4ds-r4i.com/pages/R4i-Gold-Kernel-Download.html

3. jeener14

jeener14 Member

Okay, I just tried that.
    It won't let me past the main menu of the card now. It says "Error Loading moonshell" and "Error Loading Menu File".

Did I do something wrong? :(

4. Renji217

Step by step what exactly did you do??

5. jeener14

jeener14 Member

I downloaded the kernel from the link that you gave me, emptied the Micro SD card of all the old files (save two that let me get to the main menu), extracted the game from winRAR, and then tried it out.

6. Renji217

Hmmmm.... Are you sure its not a fake?? I mean did it work the first time you used it??

EDIT: try the kernel from this site....

http://www.r4igold.net/r4i-gold-download.html

It might make a difference....

7. jeener14

jeener14 Member

I just got it, and my friend who helped some of my other friends set theirs up didn't help me. AS far as I know, it's real, but I'm not all that good at telling these things :p

8. Renji217

Did you try the other site?? As far as I know all R4 cards work the same way.... Just un-pack the zip file and coppy everything into the microSD card....

9. jeener14

jeener14 Member

Besides Romulation you mean?

Or another site as in another kernel down-loader?

EDIT: And that kernel didn't work either XD
    It just hates me :p

10. Renji217

This site....

http://www.r4igold.net/r4i-gold-download.html

11. jeener14

jeener14 Member

That one didn't like me either :'(

12. Renji217

Hmmmm.... What version is your DSi?? I remember something about some flashcarts not working because they upgraded....

13. jeener14

jeener14 Member

I have a DS Lite...

14. Renji217

Then why do you have an R4i?? Never mind.... Ok do you still have the box that it came with?? There should be a website on it.... Try to get the kernel from that site.... Ive been reading some help topics online and one of them said they fixed theirs that way....

15. jeener14

jeener14 Member

That's the first thing I tried. That was the one I was originally having the problem with T__T

And I have no clue why I have this R4, I just do. I have absolutely NO clue what I'm doing :p

16. Renji217

Is ther any way to get your friend to help you?? I Dont think Im doing anything.... (>T^T)>

17. jeener14

jeener14 Member

Unfortunately my friend happens to be snowboarding with other people right now, so there's no way he can help me until Tues T__T But maybe me and my boyfriend can figure something out...

Thanks for trying at least :)

18. Renji217

No problem.... One last thing.... If you can somehow get a working flashcart then see if you can copy all the files from the working one into yours.... If it still dosnt work then its your card thats the problem and not the kernel....

19. jeener14

jeener14 Member

Yea...

I'd hate to have to buy another though >_<
    Darn being a poor college student >__>

I'll just hope it's not the card :p

20. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Well, If it IS the card thats causing the trouble, don't worry flashcarts are cheap ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.