1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4I Gold Upgrade card V1.4 Help for Dsi !!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ferrisian, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrisian

ferrisian New Member

Hi, would appreciate if there is anybody out there who could help me or put me out of my misery.

Recently purchased a R4I Gold upgrade card V1.4, I have downloaded what I believe to be the latest software on a number of occoasions from different websites but I can not get the card to load to the menu screen. when I power up my DSi I have visibility of the R4I although it is found as "Star Wars Lethal Alliance Ubisoft", but once I select the icon I just get a white screen that freezes. I am currently running firmware 1.4E on my DSi.

Just wondering if I have purchased a card that is not compatiable, or am I simply downloading the incorrect software.

Many Thanks

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Likely a problem with the firmware files.
    You should download it from the website listed on the box. There are quite a few "R4" named cards out there, and they don't use the same firmware.

The "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" is how it bypasses the 1.4 DSi firmware block, it tricks the DSi into thinking it's a real game.

3. alilovesyou

alilovesyou New Member

have you checked the website on the box it comes with?

4. orions57

orions57 Well-Known Member

r4i gold version 1.4 should run on v1.30 kernel also you said the dsi is running on firmware 1.4e your r4i card is only able to work with 1.4 firmware or less

5. jeener14

jeener14 Member

I had that issue with mine as well. I found out that I didn't download the right kernel from the right website.

This is the website that I used to get it to work for me:
    http://www.r4igold.cn/downloade.asp

Hope that helps!
    Sorry if it doesn't :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.