1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i gold error 4 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rob3064, Sep 22, 2011.

1. rob3064

rob3064 Member

hey i am having some problems with load error 4 on my r4i gold v1.4 flash cart (URL r4gold.cn) i believe it is up to date with the latest firmware (Wood R4iGold V1.36b) but still cannot get harvest moon DS: tale of two towns (USA) to work and id appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Can your card use any sub firmwares like RGF YSMenu ?

3. rob3064

rob3064 Member

there is some YSMenu file on it so.. it appears so, sorry cant be more specific but not really a expert on flashcarts

4. Jhon 591

If you have a ttmenu folder do you see any files called extinfo.dat / infolib.dat ?
    Post Merge: [time]1316690833[/time]
    EDIT:

Check: RGF Multicart Update Compatibility List - Working as Dual Boot (Keep your ORIGINAL Firmware) :

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

5. rob3064

rob3064 Member

i do and i just tried adding these to it and now it freezes instead of getting error 4

6. Jhon 591

If you have r4patch.dat this needs to be replaced with the modified one

You can get from RGF new folders in his firmware

Also the root file may also need repalcing.

extinfo.dat exseeded it's limmet of 900 titles - this is what causes the freeze, you will need the replacement files r4patch.dat and what is also in the root of microsd
    Post Merge: [time]1316691772[/time]
    EDIT: i only have 7mins left I will talk more later to you when i get home.

7. rob3064

rob3064 Member

okay i have replaced the r4patch.dat files but it still freezes.. in the root of the microsd there is a load of differant files, probably alot more than there should be

no problem, thanks for your help up to now anyway

8. Jhon 591

More likey the main boot file, I will they should be ones in RGF folders for your firmware

(Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu folder)

1min left - will have a look when i get home later sorry.

9. rob3064

rob3064 Member

yep that did it ;D my flashcart probably crammed with alot more files than it needs but.. it works! thanks very much

10. Jhon 591

I was gowing to sugest anuther idea, But your welcome!, Glad you figured it out.

It was to cut some game out of extinfo.dat

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56257.0