1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4i-gold 3ds rts advice needed

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by zombiegavins, Apr 25, 2013.

1. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

Hey guys,

My supercard dstwo recently died and I was too poor for a new one so I invested in an r4i-gold (3ds RTS version) from r4ids.cn

It arrived today and works fine with the latest wood firmware release in my 3ds running 5.1.0-11, I thought I'd insure the card had the latest official firmware but when I boot the update file it gets to "card check" and shows "fail"

The question I'm asking is if this is normal? Does it simply show "fail" if the card is found to be up to date or is there something wrong with my card? Like I said before, it works fine but I wanted to insure that it was completely up to date.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Fanica

Fanica New Member

i think it show fail just because your card is no need update, so the update patch cannot check any update info.
    don't worry, your card is no problem.

3. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

Thanks guys, it does work fine I just wanted to be sure there wasn't going to be a problem with updating it in the future

4. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

Okay so I just traded my 3ds in and got a 3ds XL (which is on firmware 5.1.0-11) and I now get the black screen Error message when trying to boot my card.... Any advice?

Edit: just to clarify, when I insert the card the 3ds xl obviously recognises it because the Dorasu logo shows up (the one with the smiling guy) but when I start it I get the error screen

5. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

The system software for the XL is 5.1.0-11E

The r4i-gold was working fine on my standard 3DS and that was also on 5.1.0-11E

I don't understand it as I didn't think there was a difference in the firmwares between the 2 systems?...