1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold 3DS & R4iDSN 3DS Upgrade for 3DS v.6.0.0-11 Released

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Prectorian, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

For those of you owners of R4i Gold 3DS produced by R4ids.cn and R4iDSN 3DS produced by R4idsn.com, there's a new upgrade for it to work on the latest 3DS console firmware v.6.0.0-11 released on June 23rd 2013.

Take note on this information as mentioned by the site:

[quote author=R4ids.cn and R4iDSN.com]
    This patch updating is little different as before, please see the instructions in the "readme.doc" step by step carefully! the key point: doing the patch updating for your card first, then cut off the signal line(on the PCB) by a knife as required on the picture... (Don't cut the line before the patch updating done)[/quote]

For those of you owners of R4i Gold 3DS produced by R4ids.cn;

Download Link : Official R4ids.cn Download Page

There are 2 files in the package;
    1. R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds : use this file when upgrading the cart using a 3DS or DSi
    2. R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSL.nds : use this file when upgrading the cart using an NDS/NDSL

As for those of you owners of R4iDSN 3DS produced by R4idsn.com;

Download Link : Official R4iDSN.com Download Page

There are 2 files in the package;
    1. R4iDSN_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds : use this file when upgrading the cart using a 3DS or DSi
    2. R4iDSN_3DS60_Patch_NDSL.nds : use this file when upgrading the cart using an NDS/NDSL

Here's the instruction as per provided in the readme.doc in the download :

[quote author=R4ids.cn & R4iDSN.com 'readme.doc']
    In order to make your r4i gold 3ds /r4idsn 3ds support 3DS6.0.0-X,you need to update your r4i gold 3DS / r4idsn 3DS with r4i gold 6.0 patch / r4idsn 6.0 patch. Please follow the instructions below carefully:

1. Visit our site: www.r4ids.cn / R4iDSN.com, download the latest WOOD R4 V1.60 kernel (have to re-download it even you did it before).
    2. Download the r4i gold 6.0 patch / r4idsn 6.0 patch
    3. Unzip r4i gold 6.0 patch / r4idsn 6.0 patch to the root directory of your tf card.
    4. Get a NDSL/NDSi or a 3DS which system version is below 3DS6.0.0-11.
    5. Run R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds / R4iDSN_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS to update your r4i Gold 3DS card / r4i DSN 3DS card.
    6. Attention: do not power off your console during the updating process.
    7. After updating your r4i Gold 3DS card / r4i DSN 3DS card successfully, open the shell of your card, see the PCB picture below, cut off the signal line as shown by arrow in the yellow oval.

[​IMG]

Note: Don't cut the line before the patch updating done!!!

8. Now, your r4i Gold 3DS card / r4i DSN 3DS card can work on 3DS 6.0.0-11

You can also update your r4i Gold 3DS card / r4i DSN 3DS card on a NDSL in case you can’t enter wood menu with your card.

1. Just get a working flashcard(like R4, AK2, DSTwo and etc) and boot up R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSL.nds / R4iDSN_3DS60_Patch_NDSL.nds
    2. Take out your working flashcard from the NDSL and insert your r4i Gold 3DS card / r4i DSN 3DS card
    3. Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.
    4. After updating successfully, you need to do the same as above step 7 (cut off the signal line). [/quote]

Please note that there is a need to re-install WOOD R4i Gold / WOOD R4iDSN (at current it's v.1.60) as per mentioned in the readme.doc, even if you'd upgraded your older WOOD version to this new version prior to doing this upgrading.

Do remember to be very careful when performing this upgrading as it's different from the usual method, and do take care to follow the instructions provided if you don't want to damage your cartridge. If you're a kid or a noob, and unsure how to do this upgrade the proper way, ask your parents or someone knowledgeable for assistance. Do also make sure to back up the SD Micro content before hand as well. If you'd cut the connection as per demonstrated in the image before successfully doing the upgrade, there might be a need to reconnect using solders or something like that; if that's even possible which could be irreversible. Good Luck !!!!!

For those of you still unsure, feel free to further inquire by sending post in this topic, hopefully someone who'd successfully done this upgrade will be able to assist you with more detailed instructions. Unfortunately, I can't help since I don't own this flash cartridge nor a 3DS console. ;D

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Re: R4i Gold 3DS Upgrade for 3DS v.6.0.0-11 Released By R4ids.cn

Well this is a bit picky.
    Will try it on mine later.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I've edited first post to include the recent R4idsn.com update. Thanks, abalondon for your info.
    Seems like both carts updating method are the exact same.

4. Now r4i gold card (www.modchipwarehouse.com) can work on 3ds v6.0.0-11 directly,cheers.