1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold 3DS or Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by necr0, Oct 30, 2011.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hi. I have got an R4 SDHC and I have decided to get a new card for my DS Lite. I may get a 3ds in the future. I have read a lot of topics and most people say to buy an Acekard 2i or an R4i Gold 3DS. I would just like to know which one is better and why. I am going to buy it from oz3ds.com so the acekard 2i is $16 and the r4i gold 3ds is $19. Besides for the price, which one is better??

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

acekard2i is hands down the better cart.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

reason why??

4. Loonylion

R4 clones and fakes are a lottery, some are OK, others are utter shite. There are hundreds of different ones all trying to pass themselves off as each other so it is almost impossible to know what you're getting in advance. support (firmware updates for new games) varies from fairly good to completely non existent depending on which exact cart you end up with. Some dont work on dsi or newer, some dont work on newest dsi firmware and virtually none of them work on 3ds. Some are firmware upgradable, some are not even if they do work on DSi, so could be blocked in future.

acekard2i is a good cart with regular updates and a good third party firmware in addition to the official one. It works on DSi and 3ds (ds games only) and is upgradable defeat firmware blocks on DSi.

5. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

both are good and easy cards.Acekard 2i is a great old card with good reputation, AKAIO is great also. R4i gold 3ds is also a nice card, it has been confirmed also, it uses wood firmware which uodates frequently, and it is a cheap card for everyone, it has a strong backup team, everytime, when the new firmware releases, r4i gold always can support the new firmware in the first time, very good....so it is your choose ! Both are ok, but if you have updated your card to V2.2.0-4, then r4i gold is your only choose currently.

6. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Times change, now these R4i are not crap any more. They are as good as Acekard 2i if not better.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

oh well. already bought the acekard 2i. will probably get the r4i gold 3ds from some pirate market in melbourne. :)

8. Loonylion

the majority of them are still crap.

9. r4i-dsi-cards

r4i-dsi-cards New Member

yes Acekard 2i
    is nice

10. Simoni

Simoni Member

Both Acekard and R4 are pretty simple,things like the Supercard DSTWO are more advanced.It seems that most people prefer acekard 2i,although r4i gold is actually a good card.BTW,oz3ds.com is a good site