1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Gold 3DS "Card Check Fail" error on patch

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by carnivalfair, Jan 28, 2013.

1. carnivalfair

carnivalfair Member

So I accidentally bricked one of my R4 cards ( at least I think it's bricked, the screen is black upon start-up ) and I've been trying to reflash it by using my DS phat and a second, working R4i Gold card. When I swap the cartridges--including the SD card--while the patch file is up I keep getting a "card check fail" error every time I press A to update with the non-working card in. The working R4 card updates just fine and I've tried removing and putting the cards back in numerous times.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I can't seem to find an existing thread that answers my problem.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Don't swap the SD card.

3. carnivalfair

carnivalfair Member

Thanks for the response. So I keep the SD card in the first cartridge, does that mean I need a second SD card as well or none at all?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You don't need a second SD.
    You've bricked the card. Not the SD. So you don't need one.

5. carnivalfair

carnivalfair Member

Unfortunately, still getting the same error even without the SD card.

6. Dannymizer

Dannymizer Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are trying to run the r4 without the sd now, you need the sd card but not a different one. You can't run the patch without a SD in the R4.

7. carnivalfair

carnivalfair Member

I've tried it with an SD in, but it's still the same error. I'm using the same SD card between the cartridges, not a different one.

8. carnivalfair

carnivalfair Member

I have tried both and they each give me the same error. :\