1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i dual core white No Card problem, please help!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by paya123, Aug 1, 2013.

1. paya123

paya123 New Member

Hello,

I have a problem with r4i dual core white cart and i hope you can help me. I bought it yesterday and tried to play New Super Mario Bros on my DSi and the minigames wouldn't work. So i googled what might be the problem and i stumbled upon a thing called ysmenu which claimed to fix the problem with games. I put it on my r4 and executed it from ds, which brought me to a blank screen. Not knowing what to do, i restarted the ds and now it doesn't show the cartridge inside. I tried to wipe everything on sd and return it to latest kernel, i formatted my ds, but with no luck. I don't know what to do now, and i'm really looking forward to playing the games. Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance :)

DSi version: 1.4.5E

R4 Card: R4i dual core white new 2013 / kernel version: 1.6.0
    Post Merge: [time]1375446227[/time]
    I found out that i bricked my cart, nothing else could be it. Is there any way to fix this? Otherwise i'm screwed.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What happened is, you had accidentally overwritten a/several files belonging to your R4 with those of the YSMENU's. Not to mention the possibility that you'd ignored reading the readme.txt files thoroughly. You need to first know which set of YSMENU provided by RetroGameFan that you need to use, and how to properly install it, and know whether your R4i is among those listed in the compatibility list.

However, damage been done on your end with you wiping off your entire SD Micro content. You need to note as you'd stated that your DSi is v.1.45. Which as you'd probably aware by now that only carts that has files for it can run on it otherwise blocked. And you'd deleted your files, but you could still solve this problem, but need an NDS/NDSL console to do this restoration.

1. Download the cart's firmware/kernel from the official site that's meant for your cart that is for v.1.45 DSi
    2. Extract and insert it into your SD Micro; make sure NDS/NDSL console been fully charged before proceeding
    3. Run that cart on an the NDS/NDSL, let it install the firmware
    4. Once done, try running that cart on your DSi.

If done correctly, your cart should be back to normal. And if you want to try again using YSMENU/TTMENU, be sure to know which one to use by reading the compatibility list and be very careful not to overwrite the R4i's original files in future, and back up before hand is always advisable.