1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i DSi Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rarar, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rarar

rarar Active Member

Hi.
    My R4i was working perfectly for a few months, then it stopped working. I placed it in my DSi and it said "There is no card inserted in the DS Game Card slot." I tried placing some paper in the Game Card slot so the R4i would make contact with the Game Card slot, as I read that many people experienced this error and did what I did. This worked for a few days. Now, even when I put paper in, my R4i doesn't show up on my DSi. My DSi is currently on Version 1.4E and was on this version before and after it failed. :-[ :':)(
    Please help me.

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

did you format the sd the first time before you used the flashcard also dsi software updates are known to block flashcarts you may need to update your card also use follow these instructions for ysmenu this is better than crappy clone firmware http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg818800#msg818800

3. rarar

rarar Active Member

I tried this, hasn't worked...

Although I may have pasted all the YSMenu files onto the wrong part of the R4i. Where is the "root" located on it?

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Open "My computer" then open the file that's called "Removable Device (letter)", that's the root.

YSMenu won't work on any R4i. Nor will Wood R4.

5. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

is it the r4i SDHC?
    and if so does it have the 1.4 sticker on the card?

6. yoshi2889

He had the 1.4 firmware for a while and it worked, he said.
    So I guess yes.

blow into the DSi's slot and on the contacts of your R4i.

7. rarar

rarar Active Member

Yes, it's the R4i SDHC, and yes, I have already tried blowing into the R4i, the bit where the game card goes, put paper in it to improve contact with the game card thing-y and it doesn't work. :( ??? :-[ :-\ :'(

I really want to play Lego Harry Potter as well....

8. yoshi2889

The card may be broken. But try this first before you buy a new one:
    If you can, try an other DS or DSi.

9. rarar

rarar Active Member

I don't know anyone else with a DS, so I can't try...

EDIT: My other "legit" games are also freezing, like Animal Crossing: Wild World, when I play, so it might not just be the R4i.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The root is the first page you open after inserting the microSD chip

exsample

I:\ = root

Gave it anuther try, (Note) Lego Harry Potter has not bean fixed yet for Ysmenu

Check the site you get your firmware are kernal from for there latest updates

+ Always have a backup of your games and saves

11. rarar

rarar Active Member

No new updates.

Like I said, it might be a problem with my DSi Game Card Slot, as my other "legit" games are freezing.

12. yoshi2889

Blow into the DSi game slot. REALLY hard. Maybe there is dust sticking to the pins of the slot.

13. Jhon 591

It could be but it's hard to clean the pins inside a DS are DSI - Mabe with a cotton bud with Methylated spirits, brush some Methylated spirits on the ds cart pins and insert and unisert the cart a few times, clean and do it a gain could help

Methylated spirits is a good cleaner and evapurates very quickly

14. yoshi2889

do NOT fluffy use cotton. Pieces of it may stick to the pins.

15. rarar

rarar Active Member

What are Methylated spirits?

16. yoshi2889

I don't know either.

17. Jhon 591

18. yoshi2889

do not use fluffy cotton on cardridges either. for the same reason.

Quickly inserting and uninserting the cardridge hurts both the DS and the cardridge.

19. Jhon 591

Ok don't do!

I kined of menat a cart you don't care about, Use a cotton bud to apply the fluid to the cart pins that evaporate's quickly

20. yoshi2889

Didn't I say that it ALSO hurts the DS?