1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i AND Edge problems! What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by toffster92, Apr 26, 2010.

1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

The story goes like this...

My mom bought an Edge card that had a Micro SD that was preloaded with games already.
    But then, she also bought an R4i in the hopes that she would just use the micro SD from the edge in the r4i

Now, when I try to use the Edge all I get is a blank white screen.
    And when i transfer the SD chip into the r4i and boot it up it says "couldn't find_ds_menu.sys"

The SD chip has games like:

- Professor Layton (both games)
    - Pokemon Platinum and Pearl
    - All the Mario DS games (including inside story which I highly doubt is working...)
    - Zelda games (i.e. phantom hourglass and spirit tracks)
    - Scribblenauts
    - Rhythm Heaven
    - Puzzle quest
    - The World Ends With You
    - PMD Explorers of Sky
    - Marvel Ultimate alliance 2
    and others..

What should I do now? Should I try to fix the edge? or do I find the missing file for the R4i and use that instead?
    Please help, and Thanks in advance!

EDIT: oh and I checked the SD card, There was a file called EDGE.DAT in there so it should have worked for the edge right?

2. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

you need different firmware for each card so buy another micro sd card a nd put your firmware onit

3. toffster92

But i'd rather just use one.
    Which one would you recommend?

4. rudegal

r4i i have one im a newbie at this one too but others will suggest an acecard2i but i cant see the point in spending more money on a cart when you have got what does the same job

5. toffster92

Hmm..

I think I'll go with my R4.
    But now another problem rises...

What do I do now?

I've heard of this Wood R4 or something that people said that would work for 99% of games.
    How do I put this on the cart?

Edit: Okay, I tried to download the Wood R4 and followed the instructions in the thread but i keep getting the message "couldn't find_DS_menu.sys"
    what does it mean?

6. rudegal

www.r4i-sdhc.com there you should have your firmware try 1.19b thats the one im using for my card i have a r4i sdhc red boxed
    yours might be the same as mine. i wouldnt really know if wood r4 works on your card i think it only works for r4 originals

7. toffster92

I have an r41 sdhc WHITE boxed...

Does it have any difference?

8. rudegal

im not sure sorry just try the one on the website to see if it works

9. toffster92

Yeah. Thanks. I finally found it.

But I have another problem now... some of the preloaded games are running slow...
    I'm not sure whether it's the firmware or the game itself.

10. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Hold up!
    Go with the edge.

11. rudegal

yeah that would be the firmware if its 1.20b it aint very good at loading i have 1.19b from same site all my games load up great on that firmware see if you can try and get 1.19b from same place you downloaded

12. toffster92

I already went with the r4i. Actually I'm playing bowser's inside story as we speak.

Actually, I went to

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

i matched up my r4 and I downloaded the latest version. (v2.07 or something)
    It loads fine for the other games, i.e. Bowser's inside story, Dragonball, Ben-10, (yes, I know they're all kiddie games. The cart belongs to my younger brother)
    It's just the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks that have a slow load-up.