1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i and Dsi Help..

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by KeeganV, Dec 13, 2010.

1. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

My R4i ultra does not work on my DSi, it used to but now I just get a black screen, why is this? It used to work, and it still works on my normal ds. Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

You probably updated your DSi on accident, or someone else that uses it, or you let use it, did =/

There's a few R4i ultra's out there, so can you tell us exactly what's said on the card? It may not work on that DSi again....

3. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Well when i try and use it on the DS it says "an error has occurred look into the DSi manual blah blah blah." On my r4i it just is the R4i Revolution for DS (NDSI/NDSL/NDS) www.r4ultra.com

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

OK, i believe this to be what you need. Put it on the root of your SD card, and put it in a DS that it works in (Like the lite you mentioned.), make sure it's plugged in, and run the file from the DS. it will then flash the hardware, and it should work on your DSi again. :)

EDIT: it should also work in the Phat DS if that's what ya meant by normal.

5. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

And by root you mean?

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

lol, when you have the Micro SD card plugged into your computer, go to "my computer", and open the drive it's in. That's the root. :) Root=beginning/first stage.

7. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Thanks it works. This is my little sisters DSi, so she probably did it, what can i tell her not to do so it doesnt happen again?

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Well...the only way it can update is if it has access to the internet...does she play online? if not, remove the internet connection. :) If ya, then i'm sure there's some kind of setting in the parental controls for it...