1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i and 2Gb Sd card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by praatvaak, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. praatvaak

praatvaak Member

Hello, can anyone help me out please? Today i bought an R4i card and 2Gb Micor/Usb card. First i formatted it, then i put on the firmware which was recomended by the shop where i bought the card. And then i put on some games. But i can,t run any game. I can see the names and the logo,s in the menu, but i can,t run them. I downloaded the games directly to the Micro Sd card, in general and not to a specifik map like Games or something.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What games are they-they might have piracy protection and thus why they refuse to run.

3. praatvaak

praatvaak Member

I tried it with 0517 Cars, 4082 10 voor Taal, 3518 Go Diego Go Dinosaur, and 0547 Dr.Kawashima,s Brain Training. I am using the nintendo dsi for a couple of days now. It works perfect with the original games I bought with it like Professor Layton ed de doos van Pandora.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you say, you downloaded the games directly to your MicroSD card,

which probably means you are trying to play a Rar file, if this is correct,

then you need to extract the .nds file from the Rar 1st, and use the .nds file to be able to play the game

5. praatvaak

praatvaak Member

Funguy, I unzipped them first with WINRAR and so the files were extracted to .nds file.

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

strange how they don't play then, you have any other roms that play or don't play?

just noticed you are using an R4i, so you are using a DSi?

7. praatvaak

praatvaak Member

I have a brandnew dsi. The games which i bought with it play perfect. Dr Layton and pandora,s box and Mario Kart for my son. I bought a R4i card with SD. I downloaded the firmware and unzipped it with Winrar. Then I downloaded some games and unzipped them with Winrar as well. Then I moved the nds files to the Micro SD card. Should i put them in a map like moonshell or something?

8. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i'm guessing you have the 1.40 firmware installed,

take a look at this thread https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21177.0

9. praatvaak

praatvaak Member

Yes it could be that i now have the firmware 1.4. Could you, or anyone else , give me a link where i can get the right firmware. I hava the R4i Gold and the nintendo DS, version 1.3E.

10. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

I have the DSLite, so I am not the right person to help you with this, as I haven't had to deal with the 1.4 firmware,

I think i read, you need the DSLite to update your card,

hopefully a mod or someone who has gone through this process will help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.