1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i an error has occurred on dsi but works on ds lite

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by lmstam, Dec 27, 2014.

1. lmstam

lmstam New Member

I bought a dsi a while ago and it came with a R4i card.
    [​IMG]
    It looks like this one so I downloaded the R4i-SDHC kernel from r4i-sdhc.com but when I start the dsi it gives this message: “an error has occurred, press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off .Please refer to the Operations Manual for details ”
    It does work on my ds lite.
    I am a complete noob so I have no clue if I'm missing something and google also hasn't been very helpful.
    Is there anyone who can help me?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your DSi might be running firmware v.1.45, cart is blocked by it. Unless you find from the cart's official website (see sticker label) an update for it to run on v.1.45, it won't work. And to upgrade the cart, you need to do so using your NDSL.

3. lmstam

lmstam New Member

Well, I downloaded the latest update on the website (r4i-sdhc.com) so I guess this card isn't compatible then? Any recommendations on where I can buy a new flashcart that does support the v.1.45 update?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Sorry no idea on "where". But I'd recommend carts such as the R4i 3DS Gold or SuperCard DSTWO among several other good ones that does support running on v.1.45 DSi handhelds. Basically just look for one that does support that firmware level, and you'd be good to play.