1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4I 3DS help please for 6.1!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by discodeath, Jul 2, 2013.

1. discodeath

discodeath New Member

Hello,

I really need some help if you don't mind.

Let me explain the equipment im using.

1. 3DS on version 2.0 software

2. 3DS XL on 6.1

3. R4 RTS 3DS Card

What i did:

We downloaded the 6.1 firmware today from r4i-sdhc.com. 1.17B for the 3DS card that we bought last week

We put in on the MICRO SD card and removed it and put it into our 3DS thats on 2.0 software. It updated the Kernal 3/3 then we hit "UPGRADE" in the config

It then finished.

We put it into our 3DS XL thats on software 6.1 and it crashes and we have to power it down.

Any information will be helpful!

Thank you so much!

2. simona12

simona12 Active Member

might be best email them as according to site only certain models be updated to 6.1 on the r4i-sdhc RTS cards other cards cant yet

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Does the card continue to work on your 3DS (the one that is on the 2.0 system firmware).
    If so, just wait patiently. When another upgrade comes around, this time supporting your card, just use that upgrade. That should then work.

If it doesn't work, there are two things that you might've done. They are:

1. Corrupted system files. The solution to this is to reformat your MicroSD (backup games/saves) and re-download the 1.17B firmware. Copy that over and you're good to go.
    2. Bricked the card. If so, there's not much you can do. My suggestion would to buy another flashcard. I can help you there if need be.

4. discodeath

discodeath New Member

I have emailed them and still no reply!

Also yes it still works on the 3ds thats on 2.0!
    so odd!

We went and bought a 3ds on lower OS so we could do this. We will return it once its fixed lol

so any help is appreciated
    Post Merge: [time]1372870270[/time]
    yes Xenirina if you would help me :)
    Post Merge: [time]1372870856[/time]
    One other thing. The card on the official website is the same as mine that said it was updated..
    So is it the card firmware isnt right
    or my 3ds on 6.1 is a XL
    and my 2.0 isnt an XL.
    could that be why its not working on my 6.1 XL 3ds
    and i just must wait for another update they post on website?