1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i 3ds card not working after update

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by CrzyGrlNm1, Oct 16, 2012.

1. CrzyGrlNm1

CrzyGrlNm1 New Member

I have a 3ds that was updated to version 4.4.0-10U. I am using the R4i3ds card from r4ids.cn. I updated the firmware to v1.53 on the card but the 3ds is still saying error occurred. I put the card in an non-updated 3ds and ds in which it works. I used the patch to try and update the firmware but the 3ds still won't accept it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Here's what you should understand;
    There are 3 types of firmware;
    1. NDS/NDSL/DSi/3SD console's firmware; such as that v.4.4.0-10U you had accidentally/purposely updated your console to.
    2. Primary Flash Cartridge firmware
    3. Secondary Flash Cartridge firmware

Secondary firmware such include; YSMENU, TTMENU, WOOD R4, AKAIO, and WAIO.
    From what I understand from your post, the v.1.53 refer to WOOD R4iDSN (which is the flash cart's secondary firmware). You need to update your R4's primary firmware to enable running v.4.4.0-10U update. Have to look in the flash cart's official website for that update. It should say something like this 'Fix v.4.4.0-10U' or 'solve v.4.4.0-10U' or 'compatible with v.4.4.0-10U'....or something sounding similar. But since your 3DS console been updated to v.4.4.0-10U, you can't run your flash cart. Thus you need to borrow/use a console (preferably NDS/NDSL) to do the updating for your flash cart in order to make it work again on your 3DS. If no update is available on your cart's official website, then you need to wait for one or buy another cart that supports v.4.4.0-10U. I know this maybe too late of an advice, but next time do not update your console before updating your flash cart, else this is what you will suffer.

3. CrzyGrlNm1

CrzyGrlNm1 New Member

Thanks so much for your help. I found the patch you were referring to but it won't let me patch the card so I will just purchase a new one. I appreciate all the help. I will make sure to have parental controls set next time so I can avoid this situation.