1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i 1.4E Errors?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Mort432, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Mort432

Mort432 Member

Hey, Ive got one of the R4i's with the 1.4 compatibility, and i recently updated my dsi. Even after the update, I was able to play games. I wake up this morning, however, to find that for some reason, the DSi generally refuses to detect my R4i, yet still works with real games. WTF is going on? shouldnt be having this problem! When it does detect (generally i have to hold the cart down to make it detect) and when i try and play it, i get the "An error has occured" message!

My R4i is running the latest firmware, 1.20b, but still no luck! Need help with ASAP Priority 1!

PLEASE dont let this thread die, this is so important to me!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like it is not making good contact with your DS. Try making sure there is no oil or dust on the contacts of your R4. If it is clean, try putting a piece of paper in the DS along with your R4i in order to push the R4i against the contacts.

3. Mort432

Mort432 Member

Thanks, i will try this now...
    Post Merge: [time]1271592340[/time]
    Success! Thanks for the advice! Only one more question...

Anyway to get the same effect without using sellotape and 4 peices of rouphly ds cartridge shaped paper? :/
    Post Merge: [time]1271594316[/time]
    Squishy Tanks is funnnnn

4. TirithRR

I'm not exactly sure. I think some users have been able to open their cards and add the paper inside, "bulking" up the package a bit. Kind of like this:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=10295.msg107951#msg107951

(Not your card, or the exact reason they are doing it, but a similar idea).

Some cards are just not exactly the right size, or may wear out a bit, causing it to shift in the Slot 1 and no longer make good contact with the DS. This will make it show no game cart inserted, or bring up an error once started as it loses contact with the DS again.

5. Mort432

Mort432 Member

Thanks man. Ill check out the thread now.
    Post Merge: [time]1271595827[/time]
    Sorry dude, but looking at the clips and tips on that thread, I think i would prefer simply to put up with paper, than risk ma precious R4i!

6. TirithRR

That's fine. I personally wouldn't open up my flashcarts if I didn't have to either.