1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4Gold cards say...upgrade the hardware to support the latest firware ?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kjcitygirl, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kjcitygirl

kjcitygirl Member

Please can someone help?
    I have a new r4gold card im trying to set up. I have installed the files correctly as directed from the website i bought the card from. Now when I have added a game it wont load but says I have to please upgrade the hardware to support the lastest firmware. Can comeone tell me where to get the right file for this card. I would be very grateful as Im new to doing this.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the website to download the latest firmware for your card should be on the cart, or on the box in which it came.

3. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

go to the website on the box

4. joe2001

joe2001 New Member

I got one of these things a few days ago - the trick I found on another board when I had the same problem is this - do NOT use anything other than WinZip to unpack the compressed file - sounds stupid but it made sense as I did download the latest firmware from the website on the box and when I used WinRar to unpack the file it did'nt work.

Dunno why it worked that way but it did for me. ???

5. kjcitygirl

kjcitygirl Member

Thanks for the replies. My mistake was I went to the site I bought the r4 i gold card from thinking that the download for it would be right. When looking at the box like advised I saw that the website was different. After trying this website for the files it worked fine.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

:) no problems
    im not sure if this is true, ive always used winrar, and had no roblems when extracting things, not even firmware. and ive done it for the r4i gold