1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4DS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanghanghang, Jan 9, 2008.

1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Im getting an r4ds in about 2 days...:D and quick warnings?

if this thread is a spam then sorry and delete it x] lol

2. ndsrulz1

ndsrulz1 Active Member

yes don't break the spring in it and update the software but after that it will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

hmm update software you mean at www.r4ds.com? and download and download the latest version right?

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Warning 1: Don't use the firmware included in the CD; download the latest R4DS firmware from the following site: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Warning 2: As ndsrulz1 said, you insert the microSD card by pushing it in, and take it out by pushing it. That means it's spring powered. Sometimes the thing holding the microSD card in the R4 breaks, and the spring just pushes the card back out each time you try to stick it in. But they made a new R4 shell that does not use a spring, so you may have gotten that one. If so, then ignore warning 2.

Warning 3: The microSD card is damn small, don't lose it!

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Warning 4: There is no warning 4 :p

6. Born2killx

That's a paradox!

7. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

About the spring thing. It might not be the case. If its version 2 R4DS it's like a NDS slot 2 device. You just slide it into place and it will hold firm.

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

no its still slot 1 r4 don't have a slot 2 they mean the sping in the r4 that holds the sd

9. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE BUTTON BEFORE REMOVING YOUR DEVICE!!!
    REMEMBER TO BACK UP ALL OF YOUR .sav FILES TO YOUR COMPUTER, AND OFTEN!!!
    REMEMBER TO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE microSD CARD FROM THE ADAPTER!!!
    DO ALL OF THIS AND YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER WITH YOUR R4DS!!!
    DON'T END UP LIKE ME!!! :'(

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

you don't need to click safely remove hardware button as its a flash device and that button is left over from drives that read and wright all the time

11. Born2killx

I advise using the Safely Remove Hardware button anyways. I unplugged my adapter once without doing so and half my microSD card corrupted. I've been unplugging it the slow way ever since.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

an alternative is to close everything that is using it and wait a couple of minutes before removing.

13. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

shut down the computer before removal ;D

and i recommend getting a v2 r4ds since they removed the spring load and now it just works best!