1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4ds --??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nouta90, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Nouta90

Nouta90 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm planning on buying an r4 so i can do some stuff with my ds. I'm not sure on where to get it from, or even if its the best of its kind. Can anyone give me a link they've used to buy an r4 or inform me of a better ds accessory? Help very much appreciated.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cycloDS evolution is the best slot 1 flashcart. R4 is retired and no longer available nor supported

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Hey Loonylion, what's the rules about telling them where to buy stuff? I always feel bad if I link a place in the forums.

4. Nouta90

cyclos ds eh? anyone have a good link that wont scam me or anything like that?

5. Loonylion

links are generally allowed in this forum unless they're to a rival rom site, a scam site, get free item or similar or a referral link. viral links such as rickrolls are also banned, pretty much anything else is acceptable

6. TirithRR

Ok, just checking.

Nouta90, It depends on where you live, I live in the USA, I purchased mine through realhotstuff.com It only took 4 days with normal shipping. Would have been here sooner but I ordered it on the 23rd of December, so Christmas held it up for a day. I wouldn't necessarily call them "Cheap" but for what they can do, they are worth the price.

7. Nouta90

Okay so i was checking out the cyclods thing and its like 50 bucks and it doesnt even come with a mini sd which i dont have. The r4 had package deals for like 30 bucks that included and 8 gb mini sd. Is the cyclods that much better than the r4?

8. Loonylion

yes. I suggest you look more carefully, the R4 doesnt support 8GB cards so whatever was in that package was not an original R4. There are many R4 clones, which have variable compatibility rates and some are so poor quality they are well known to cause damage (i.e N5). Make sure you know exactly what you are getting before you buy.

9. TirithRR

At realhotstuff.com you can get a CycloDS with a 2gb card for 50 dollars, or a CycloDS with a 4gb Card for 57 dollars. They have their bundle deals.

And yes, it is that much better. The R4 is no longer updated by it's creators, and it is losing compatibility with newer games.

10. Manolo

Manolo New Member

I ordered the R4-III. Should I cancel the order??

11. Loonylion

I'm not aware of any problems with R4-III (although some people say it doesn't always like 4GB microSD cards). I'm not sure what its compatibility is like though.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Get the Cyclo or Acekard 2 or something or maybe the RPG. Or get EDGE, which is a cheaper alternative to the Cyclo. Acekards are quite cheap, and have quite a few features compared with the Cyclo. Nouta, it would have been a MicroSD. N5 have a very high rate of bricking your DS due to core damage from fuses etc. Remember that this could happen to other clones which aren't so greatly renamed like the N5.

13. Nouta90

Wait wut -- brick my ds? I'm ordering that cyclods thing. Will that brick my ds?

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

15. RowanG

RowanG New Member

www.r4ds.com :-\

16. TirithRR

What's your question?

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Dunno too.

I'll give anyone 20 bucks if their CycloDS bricks their DS. :p

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

hmm... prove jin wrong, and break a DS worth 120$.....with a cyclo ds, and get 20$ back....

or...

Proving him wrong is worth it, I'm off to do it!

19. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I shouldn't suggest this, but I got a R4 Revolution (it's a rip off of the R4. People stole the R4 crap and added SDHC support) from TechSick.com and now it has an 8gig SDHC card in it and works great. Don't beleive the 26$ tag, though, it's 56$

20. sidneyyoungblood

sidneyyoungblood New Member

anyone no how to put music on r4 ds