1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4DS Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by zerozangel, Jun 4, 2007.

1. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Hello and this is an R4DS Tutorial this tutorial kidna works for the M3 also because of their gui and how there set up. If you have any questions just add onto this thread or pm me and i'll help you out =D

Needed Equipment
    1)R4DS
    2)Micro SD
    3)USB Transflash
    4)Latest R4DS Kernal at this moment 1.11 Kernal Download either english or chinese depending on your R4DS
    Find a collection of firmwares here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

1) Take your microsd card and put it into the USB 2.0 Transflash with the words of the microsd to the words of the usb and plug it into your computer.

2)Go to My Computer and right click the microsd and press format. Choose Fat32 as your File System or Fat 16 if you dont have Fat 32. Have Quick Format Checked and Give it a name in the Volume Label Area than click start.

3)Now extract everything from either the English 1.09 Kernal or the Chinese 1.09 Kernal DO NOT EXTRACT THE FOLDER ENGLISH-1.09 EXTRACT EVERYTHING INSIDE IT onto the Micro SD.

4)Now just put the roms onto the root folder of the MicroSD or create folders such as games and put the games in there make sure that the extension is .nds and not .gba.

5)Now take out the microsd and put the microsd into the R4DS with the words opposite of the R4DS logo.

6)Put the R4 into the NDS and navigate to the first icon the "game"icon and go to your game and press A wait for it to load and the game will run.

I hope this Tutorial have helped you.

2. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

It's good to see someone finally made a guide, even though my WIPG, was going to be about FC's in general this seems like an easier, better idea. Very nice job.

3. stripe

stripe Well-Known Member

if youre doing this maby its handy for some people to tell how to add the cheat code database?

4. zerozangel

mhm ok i'll add it onto this thread tonight =D

5. andrew415

andrew415 Member

Sorry for being off-topic but what kind of font is the Small White Text that you are using on your Signature images?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We have a private message system for such things. Just click the speech bubble under a users post count.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seph, you can't use PM's before you have 2 posts, remember?

8. andrew415

andrew415 Member

That's what I was going to say... I couldn't PM him in the first place. The Verification Image isn't working... I can't use sounds either.

9. Loonylion

once you have 2 posts, it won't ask for the verification image. You cannot get posts in this topic, or in the games & jokes board. All other boards will increase your post count. Start by introducing yourself in the introductions board :)

10. andrew415

andrew415 Member

Thanks! Will do ;)

11. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Why do you need to format a memory card if it is already empty? Sorry, I'm new to this. ???

12. zerozangel

Its just to make sure that theres nothing on it and when you reformat it, it'll make it fat16 or 32 =D

13. Loonylion

Zero isnt completely correct, what formatting does is creates a filesystem, which tells the card how to store files on it (and subsiquently how to find them again)

14. Bowsa

Bowsa Member

and you can't necessarily choose FAT 16 AND FAT 32 randomly

I recommend FAT 32 for 2gb Micro and up

And FAT 16 for 1gb and down

( higher compability etc)

15. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

How much would all this cost in GBP £? ???

16. Loonylion

around £60 I think

17. Seph

Shouldn't be that expensive, you can get the R4 at $44 , and a decent MicroSD card at $15, so that's more like £14 GBP

18. Loonylion

things are more expensive in the UK without accounting for the exchange rate. Last time I saw an R4 on a UK website it was about £35-£40, and microSD cards are £30 retail (less on the net, I got a 1GB for about £15 on amazon).

19. stripe

stripe Well-Known Member

just to notify you all there is new firmware for the R4 (version 1.10)
    click here to download version 1.10(english)

20. Seph

Which is why you don't buy from a UK store, I bought my Wiikey from China, it's the original and it arrived within 5 days.