1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4DS program to run gba games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by gimpym, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpym

gimpym Member

any program or way to allow my R4 to play GBA games without a solt-2 card? ???
    gimme lnks and walkthroughs to set it up if there is
    :)

2. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

So far, its impossible, I'm sorry.

GBC games on the other hand, can be played without a Slot-2 card.

3. gimpym

gimpym Member

how so?

4. eden2812

For Gameboy Colour games, get the program called "Lameboy" and put it into your Slot-1 device. Voila.

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

He said 'allow his R4 to play GBA games'. That.s impossible. You need other devices to do that.

6. eden2812

Yes, I already answered his question in my first post here :p I was then telling him that GBC games CAN be played on the Slot-1. He then asked how so I answered him. ::)

Unless, by his "how so?", he meant, "why can't GBA games be played?"... Well, the answer is... DS programming I guess. No way around it if Nintendo specifically made a special slot on the DS JUST for GBA games.

Yes, its late, I'm tired, I can't sleep. I wake to wake up early tomorrow. :'(

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Awww

8. Prot3us1

Prot3us1 New Member

slot 1 cards cant play gba games because the slot 2 interface reads faster than slot 1...thats why you CAN play slot one games from slot 2.
    Sorry :(

9. EznorbYar

EznorbYar New Member

Is there a slot-2 device that complements the R4, that allows for GBA gameplay?

10. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Any slot-2 will work with the R4, since the R4 can be used as a pass-me device, and the reason slot-1 can't play GBA games is because it has no RAM.

11. beundertaker

beundertaker Active Member

I suggest the EZ V (3 in 1) expansion slot 2 device.

You can use that to play GBA games using your R4 as a slot 1 pass-me. You also get

More ram so DS opera browser will work
    rumble feature

http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-p-194.html

Its about $22...so if you have some money to burn, I suggest you buy it.

12. 01427

01427 Well-Known Member

Why are we trying to share info on how to use slot 1 to play GBA games. The GBA plays GBA games. If you don't have a GBA why don't you play NDS games or use slot-2.

13. Assi9

Assi9 Active Member

They could make an emulator but everyone will ask the team who makes it....why?

14. john_DC

john_DC New Member

lol sorry dude.. right now i am pretty 100% sure they don't have a way.. you can try the slot 2 style, but it will cost more money.. T_T

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The NDS and the GBA use different hardware. The NDS unit itself contains both NDS hardware and GBA hardware, the GBA slot is connected to the GBA hardware, and the NDS slot to the NDS hardware.

16. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Sorry for stealing this thread but can I get a link to the site to get Lameboy? (>?.?)>

17. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

CycloDS has a beta firmware out that "allows you to play GBA games" through its GUI but still requires a slot 2 device like EZ 3 in 1 blah blah blah, can't remember the rest of the info, don't care.

I'd rather play GBA games via visualboyadvance.

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can get Lameboy here. http://lameboy.nutki.com/

The CycloDS v1.4 beta does promise that, however it's nothing special as nearly all Slot 1 flashcarts can boot from a Slot 2 flashcart.

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can have GBA games on your slot-1 and just click the rom and play it.
    No need to boot from your Slot-2 at all.

I still don't understand why Slot-1s can't play GBA games by itself.
    Why would a slot-1 developer leave that feature out of their product?

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Because of this reason, GBA games can't function properly on Slot 1 as it uses different hardware, so it's basically impossible to run GBA games on a Slot 1 device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.