1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4DS help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stuff64, May 2, 2010.

1. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I had to redownload everything for my R4 since one of the games didn't work anymore so know I don't know which downloads to use.
    I tried checking the tutorial section but it didn't help since it wasn't clear enough. Can someone give me instruction on which downloads to use for an original R4 with YSmenu?

2. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

wat you mean downloads? like game (rom) or firmware?

3. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

Sorry I was in a rush typing this up, I need firmware for everything on the R4.

4. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I don't personally see the point in using Wood as a .nds file unless you have a clone that doesn't support the base firmware. The newest version of Wood R4 works perfectly for me. I have zero issues on any of the games I'm playing.

6. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

Wood R4 is better than YSMenu so why would you keep it as a secondary firmware ???

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The Ysmenu files , infolib.dat exinfo.dat savlib.dat are flexable , so if you know the codes in hex and offsets to run a certin game they can be edited into then three files with TTDT.exe, extinfo.dat is for the AP fixes , infolib.dat for speedup rom loading times , savlib.dat for save game file sizes

It possible to add fixes your self

Ok R4 wood is better as someone is adding the game fixes , but not so much flexable in edit to fix games yourself

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

In case you have a game that doesn't work on one firmware, you can try it on the other. Gives you more options.