1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4ds frozen on loading screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lily, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lily

lily New Member

hi my r4ds was frozen on loading screen so i blew on the cartridges now all it says is please insert ds cartridge on the nomal ds homepage

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Try reinserting the memory stick, it usually ixes it, or the memory stick is loose... that's what I do for mine.

3. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Well if i was a mod i would move this to Technical help but in this case i will help. I always blow in my cartridge when that happens, i then pull the memory stick out, clean it on my shirt then put it back in, then blow in the DS slot 1 and it works fine.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's called a MicroSD guys. Anyways do that, or backup and reformat your MicroSD.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I would move it to Tech Support if I could. Usually if this happens, I do three things:

1) Pop out the microSD card. Blow on the contacts. Blow in the microSD slot on the R4.
    2) Take the R4 out of the DS. Blow on the contacts. Blow into Slot 1.
    3) Insert the microSD card into the R4, insert the R4 into the DS, power on.

Always works for me. Usually I can skip step 2.

6. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

this happened to me multiple times

1.first backup all your files (copy and paste them into a folder on desktop)
    2.format micro sd
    3.install new firmware files
    4. copy and paste everything back onto your r4 except your old firmware files ( system, ds menu.dat, ds_mshl, ds menu.sys, and moonshell)
    5. be sure to take out your cheat files and theme folder out of your old system file and put them in your new one)
    and it should work, if you find this not working you could have been ripped off and got a n5 clone in this case read this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/663104
    oh and one more thing if you want to highlight separate items on your computer hold control whiles clicking on a file

hope this helps

7. branraf

Seems a bit extreme afrokid. I only thought the problem was a quick blow on the cartridge trick. Anyway lily, have you solved the problem yet?

8. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

ya it usually happens after wear and tear but if you want a permanent fix use my steps other wise if you want to blow on the cartridge every time you use it that fine by me

9. anandjones

Mostly because the new R4s don't have spring loaders in them for the MicroSDs (reduce jamming of the MicroSD etc.).

10. lily

lily New Member

hello everyone i didnt get my r4 fixed but i bought a new one and this time i dont think its the r4 or the sd card i think its my computer because ive tried downloading a game and it says bad block i dont no what to do because ive tried all 3 sd cards and the same on each one pleasehelp

11. branraf

hi thanks for the PM, what do you mean by bad block, does the card work on the DS and have you installed the firmware for it. Please reply ASAP so i can help you. Thanks

12. anandjones

Try on another computer.

13. lily

lily New Member

heyy i sent you a pm try to reply plzz

14. lily

lily New Member

heyy i cant believe ive got another problem again well anyone who has got msn can you please add me on [email protected] bcause it is easier to talk on msn and i need as many people that can help me as i can get

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well this has happened to me many times, but ive got to say that the only thing i did was backup my files on my computer, and then format it, and reinsert my files back onto the Micro SD card...

16. jayman915

jayman915 New Member

What do you do if you can't reformat the card? You get an errot that says your card is write protected. Does anyone know how to fix that problem? Please help.... thanks

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there's a little switch on one side of the card, slide that and it will unprotect it.

18. jayman915

jayman915 New Member

19. retardo451

retardo451 New Member

my r4 froze too and i tried all of your ideas what should i do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.