1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amelia Leeming, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

I've got an R4 and I download games from here and I've got WINRAR. I press extract here on the game and it does that. I turn on my DS and I press on the game I have just downloaded and it says unknown, whta am I doing wrong please help me ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

2. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Are you sure the game is in .nds form?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but wrong section, even though it's a general issue, it's meant for technical help-sorry to be a pain :(

Any way, I will be general in helping-make sure you have the latest firmware on your R4-otherwise it won't work-and older type can work but may fail on newer games...

And make sure the download has completed-corrupt files can't open correctly...

Plus-in the rar file you got, should be 2 files-the .nds is the one you want-the other is a waste of space-disregard.

4. Amelia Leeming

When I open up the folder on my computer by the side where it says what form it is in it says winRar archive. What so I do now?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...ok, try this.

Use winrar, open the file, or right click>extract

Pull the .nds file (with game name infront, ie mario.nds) and place that into the r4...

But if you don't have firmware for the r4, it won't work.

6. Amelia Leeming

Do I click extract here or just extract?
    Post Merge: [time]1247568025[/time]
    Thanks everyone for your help it now says nds file next to it so lets hope its worked!
    Post Merge: [time]1247565412[/time]
    I turned on my DS and it didn't have the game there, I think i know why, was it because I only had the NDS file not the SAVE file as well?

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it doesnt matter, the only differ is if you click Extract here it will Extract to that directory, while Extract will let you choose where you want to file to be.

did your R4 have any firmward on it?

8. Amelia Leeming

I am downloading firmware now.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You've got another thread. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.