1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 wood

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by summerxxxx1, Sep 9, 2010.

1. summerxxxx1

summerxxxx1 Well-Known Member

hiya
    ive been trying to get toy story 3 to work and lego harry potter and no success, and ive been reading
    everywhere about r4 wood. i have an original r4 card with 1.8v on, what is r4 wood???
    i well sort of lost interest when it got a bit difficult to get ds games,so i dont know how much ive missed but have been motivated recently and would also like to try to get ds games working especially if they have "SPECIAL" software on them, i think i worded that right, so is there anywhere where i can learn to fix games

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Wood R4 is firmware. You use it instead of the 1.8 you have. But it only works on original R4s. Are you sure your R4 is original? How do you know?

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

If you DO have a clone, go ahead and use YSMenu.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=27617.0

Credits to those people

4. summerxxxx1

hi yes i do have an original
    whats the diffrence or is it just a new name for an upgrade of software?
    or does it make games more easier to work?

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Only Toy Story 3 (U) , (U) as in usa version works on Ysmenu, Are Wood R4

Yes it's a updated firmware are kernal that's used for R4 original either wood R4 v1.12 http://filetrip.net/f12633-Wood-R4-1-12.html

are Ysmenu as posted abouth ^, my [TUTORIAL]

Most of but not all , Latest Games with "AP" - anti piracy have bean fixed

Hope this help, (Note) Ysmenu are WoodR4 get's updated by the month
    Post Merge: [time]1284050021[/time]
    Lol!, say what, well let's open a rom with an hex-edtor HxD - http://mh-nexus.de/en/programs.php , this you install on a PC and open your rom with it by draging and droping it onto the hex-edtor icon, The first line is the game title and first part of the gameID , the rest could be worked out with alot of work , I only know so much but little lol...

6. summerxxxx1

so at the moment ive got an origional r4 with 1.8 and ive got some games working
    but the ones the kids are killing me for are harry potter lego and toy story 3 do these work or can they work with v1.8 software

lol jhon i give it a go,

7. Jhon 591

Er wood R4 i think , kernal v1.18 diyed along time agaow back in 2008 - was this your one http://www.r4ds.me/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html ?, But still usefull for the older Games! lol..

It's the Harry potter lego im not sure of but i do know it's not yet fixed for ysmenu , as toy story (U) only is!

Yes Toy story (U) is also fixed for WoodR4 v1.12 kernal

Please do take a look at the fixed list

EDIT: I have just Re-bought a DS-Lite a few days agow so it will be easer for me to test!
    Post Merge: [time]1284053891[/time]
    lol, Im also a monkey's uncule to my sister and brother kids, i do know what you mean!

8. summerxxxx1

lol ha ha ha nice one
    Post Merge: [time]1284062303[/time]
    just realised im gonna have to learn the software all over again *humph*

9. Jhon 591

Learn are do ? ...

The kernal are is pre-compiled , Ready to use , To tranfare main files to the root of the microSD chip

You could use either kernal YSMenu are WoodR4 v1.12 from the abouth link's

I will download Harry potter lego and test it on woodR4!, I more think the (U) version

About woodR4 , just thease files from woodR4

_DS_MENU.dat
    __rpg folder

Onto the root of your microSD chip , Make a games folder if you like!

About your save files have to be renamed to with file extention enabled on you pc, for woodR4 kernal

Replace .sav with

.nds.SAV

10. hufacuse

hufacuse Well-Known Member

Harry potter lego works from wood r4 1.11. I play it, it runs perfect.
    Use Wood 1.12.

11. Jhon 591

I did not do download it as my data alowence is geting low , need a topup, but thank you for leting us know hufacuse !

Now she knows that both game's work for R4Wood v1.12 !

Post Merge: [time]1284123134[/time]
    Just returned the DS-lite today as faltey item - Just awating for anuther replacement

Dam Cash Genrators , lol!