1. This forum is in read-only mode.

r4 wifi wont work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andyshanagher1, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :'( hi i have an r4 and tried to set up a network connection but it wouldnt work. it didnt even pick up a wireless network. wats wrong?

2. tiesto1337

tiesto1337 Well-Known Member

What game?

3. Yuan

Yuan Active Member

Ds only works with WEP encrypted Wi-Fi or with no encryption at all. Maybe you are using an WPA/WPA2 encrypted one.

4. how do i change it, and what will happen to my internet connection if i do. i have a WEP code but it still wont work

5. tiesto1337

it wont have a password haha

6. what do u mean?
    Post Merge: [time]1255548714[/time]
    i get an error code 51300 and i looked for help on the nintendo website but it didnt really help. what should i do!

7. tiesto1337

your internet will be open, like just click and connect so your neighbours will be able to use it wirelessly

8. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

tell me what brand router? lots of netgears are a pain in the ass to set up for nintendo ds which is why they are not reccomended.

9. i dont know really, netopia, eircom

10. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Here is a link that can help you only the problem is
    it is in my home language so you probely need to
    translate it in to your own language

http://www.nintendowifi.nl/customersupport/SupportHome.jsp

11. no ive been on that before, dosent help

12. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It detects every acces point, even if it is not compatible at all.

Have you tried to download the latest firmware? www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds
    Post Merge: [time]1255711675[/time]
    Or you can try to get the Nintendo WiFi USB connector, if you do have a PC and Internet on it...

13. but it wont detect any access points

14. yoshi2889

Try an ORIGINAL Game, if u have, try an other DS.

15. ya i tried but that dosent work either

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://www.netopia.com/support/intl/eircom/technotes/IEWG_110.html

If your DS won't see any access point, then either the wireless router isn't working, or you have the SSID broadcast disabled. With it disabled, devices cannot auto-detect points, and you'll have to manually input the SSID of the access point. Netopia refers to it as "Open Mode" or "Closed Mode". Closed mode meaning it will not broadcast the SSID.

17. yoshi2889

The DS has a Wireless Sensor, try playing with a friend, if your DS doesn't see something in Download Play the sensor might be broken or disturbed by an other electronic, if you see something, your R4 isn't working succesful with the sensor, try formatting your SD card then, but first backup the files! I am already making a file for all R4(i)'s, even for clones, to solve all Wi-Fi and wireless problems...

18. ya playing with a friend works. does this mean ill still have to format the sd card? i was looking on a few websites and they say to change my wep settings to wep shared. dont know how to do that though

19. yoshi2889

Just format, but first backup! That do you to go to 'My computer', then click RIGHT on your external drive, click 'Format' and click just 'OK', it will ask you if u want to continue, click 'Yes'. It is done in a few seconds, so, please are BY the Computer! It can go wrong, and your PC might crash!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.