1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 VS M3... What do you guys think for DS??

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mokrja, Jan 26, 2008.

?

R4 DS vs M3 DS? You decide!!

1. R4 DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. M3 DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I own some other flash cart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't play DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Would rather wax my big toes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Personally I have never tried an R4 DS.. But I am super loyal to my M3 DS Simply. It really easy to use with a simple interface and save functionality, runs everything perfectly and fast with very very rarely needing to patch any games (Worms Open Warfare 2, Hotel Dusk - Room 215, and a few others) which isn't hard to do anyway, and use the NDS Browser. I have never had any crashing or freezing aside from the games I've needed to patch.

I even had an M3 for my Gameboy Advance (which I now use for a slot 2 device) to play GBA games and it even allows me to emulate all of the old retro classics from the Sega Master System, Gameboy original, Gameboy Color, Nes etc. This also provides the extra memory needed to get the NDS Browser working.

I love my M3 DS... But what does everyone else think?? :)

Please take my poll!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well I have an R4... So I'll go with R4.

3. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Yeah I've heard good things about R4... It's cheaper and still very reliable. Hey aren't they made by the same company?? Just under different names and with different componants etc.? Thats what I think I heard somewhere unless I'm dreaming...

Still, I like my M3... It's always looked after me ;)

4. anandjones

Yeah, they're exactly the same, except two points on one of them (I forgot) has been soldered while the other hasn't.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

No mess for R4..I own a R4 it runs tremendously. :D

6. 0790

0790 Well-Known Member

If its R4DS vs M3DS Simply then theres no competition because they are identical, most newer cards like the CycloDS Evo and M3 Real take things to the next level by accepting microSDHC cards. None the less the R4 is an ace peice of kit, as is the M3DS Simply, I have one of both so I couldn't possibly vote for one of them.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Do people pity the R4/M3 guys since they buy those crippled carts or something? CycloDS can do everything R4/M3 can and then some, perfect download play, perfect compatibility rate, doesn't fail on the Miami singles night thingy ROM, besides that it has the standard cheats db and skinning features.

8. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Well some people were cheap and like me they probably went with the most well-known card, which is why i went with the m3 simply like Mokrja

9. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Yeah.. to tell you the truth I have never heard of CycloDS prior to my opening this thread ::)

10. R4. It's more developed with downloads

11. hdofu

hdofu Member

This is a joke right? ???, they are both the exact same funtionality, in fact their are even ways to use the r4 firmware on the simply and vice versa,

12. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

r3 real cheap and functional, highly recommended using v2.9

13. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as an R3.

14. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Please be nice to people who say something wrong ;D You scared the last 20 away with that ::)

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Have the R4.. its pretty cool, but freezes at times.. Still, it rarely happens

16. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

My friend and i got both a R4, he needs to start his R4 twice before it works (freezing and stuff) mine has never froze in my life ;D

17. anandjones

Yeah same, only the good people get the better stuff lol.

18. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Mine has quite a few times, however if you put it incorrectly in the game slot, it doesnt show up when you turn it on.. It just says No Game Card Inserted for me like a normal DS would be without the R4.. Thats just me, so I gotta remove it and blow in it a few times, so I put it back in to make it work

19. anandjones

When I got my r4 it didn't come with a spring so I just have to slide it down and pull it out. Always works perfect for me. Hoping it will last me for about a year.

20. TimAG

TimAG New Member

yea i got a r4 as wel...its great and was only $100 NZ....uhh lets just say a ds around here is bowt $200...or lower...
    its reliable except for the fact i cant play ZELDA!!! PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!@!@ OMG!!!.....
    but i think its cuz of the patch or version or something.....meh