1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 update

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by natalie30904, Dec 5, 2012.

1. natalie30904

natalie30904 Member

Hi

Im using my Ds lite for the first time in a few years and wanted to download the new lego games, when i ve done this the games havent worked so i assumed the card must need updating. Can anyone point me in the right direction, kind of tearing my hair out here!!!

Thanks in advance

2. koi-fanatic

koi-fanatic Member

Hi, depending on which r4 card you have go to this link http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/ and down load the retrogamefan v6.95 kernel and extract the files and use the correct one to match your card. Hope this helps.

3. natalie30904

natalie30904 Member

I have done all that and copied one of the games but a message comes up saying "couldnt find the SD/TF card" what does this mean?

4. koi-fanatic

koi-fanatic Member

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I do hope Natalie30904 backed up his/her entire SD MICRO content before formatting the card, not just those .NDS and .SAV as you told him/her to. If he/she didn't, hmmm.....

The 'couldn't find SD/TF' issue could be caused by either of these;
    1. the _ds_menu.dat belonging to the R4 could be missing or overwritten by accident when he/she added the YSMENU/TTMENU
    if this is the case, hopefully he/she'd backed up the SD MICRO content prior to adding the YSMENU/TTMENU cause he/she can simply
    replace it again with the original, if not then he/she must search for replacement
    2. or a mild case of element contact issue between the SD MICRO and the Flash Cart's; simply re-allign the card in the cart
    3. or when he/she added the YSMENU/TTMENU, he/she hadn't format the SD MICRO before adding the backed up files back along with
    the YSMENU/TTMENU; simply do over the process, remember to back up files and reformat
    4. if the SD MICRO when run in the computer, doesn't get detected, only then it's faulty and need to be replaced
    if it's detected and working soundly in the computer, then the case could be either no.1, 2, or 3

6. natalie30904

natalie30904 Member

Right, thanks for all the replies but i am seriously losing the plot

I have formatted the card, everything is gone

Can anyone in real simplistic terms give/tell me the file which i need to install on the card in order to play the lego games

i have the original R4 card for the ds lite.

thanks in advance

7. Prectorian

Let me get this straightened;
    You followed koi-fanatic's instruction to delete and format all your SD Micro content. So did you or did you not backed up all the files and folders to your computer before doing the formatting as he instructed? Not just those .NDS and .SAV, but all of the files and folders in the SD Micro, cause I've a bad feeling you didn't since you said "everything is gone". Those files and folders are extremely important for your R4 to run properly, the .NDS and .SAV isn't. Please elaborate on this matter first.

Wondering why Koi-fanatic deleted his post (reply #3), clearly you've read and followed as he instructed. I quoted it, so it'll be there to stay for reference and proof. He clearly told you to delete everything except for the .NDS and .SAV, which is totally going to cost you big time if you did followed it. I'm not going to take over responsibility for other's misleading directions/actions should what I feared be true.

When you said you have an original R4 for the DSL, what exactly is written on the sticker of your cart's body? Sorry to say this, since I'm not sure if you already know or not, since people often assume their R4 is an original version, when it isn't. An original R4 is one that can only use 1GB and 2GB (non-SDHC SD MICRO cards), all else that can run SDHC card higher/above 2GB are not considered as an original R4. If your cart's sticker labelled it as 'R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)' only. Without any 'i', 'Gold', 'SDHC', '3DS', 'DSi' stated on the sticker, then yes it's an original R4. Otherwise, it's not. So please elaborate on this too.

8. natalie30904

natalie30904 Member

thanks for replying

yes i followed the instruction and deleted everything, but i have 2 so i copied one to the other so now everything is back

And yes it is and original R4 card, no i etc and i have a 2gb sd card

9. Prectorian

Good thing you have a copy of those files, or else you'd be weeping.

Anyway, since you've confirmed your cart is an original R4;
    Download this WOOD R4 Original: http://www.ziddu.com/download/21056658/WoodR4v1.54.zip.html

Simply download, unzip it, and copy the entire folder into your SD Micro.
    Run the WoodR4.nds first before running the gamename.nds
    You might need to go to START after running the WOODR4.nds, to change the save file extension from .sav.nds to .sav in order for your
    old .sav to be readable.

You can also have this too;
    Download this YSMENU R4 Original: http://www.ziddu.com/download/21060584/YSMENUv.6.95r6134.zip.html

Simply download, unzip, and copy the folder into your SD Micro.
    The TTMENU.SYS should be put in the same location as your _DS_MENU.DAT.
    Again, run the YSMENU.nds first before loading the gamename.nds.

You may have both WOOD R4 and YSMENU R4 in your SD Micro, that's the unique thing about original R4. Those I provide are copies from my own original R4. You'll need to keep up with updates for them to be up to date.

Note:
    Remember to keep a back up of the original files in your computer. Or at least do the above method on one R4 first before doing it to the next one.

10. natalie30904

natalie30904 Member

OMG

Thankyou so much, it worked!!!!!

one happy 8 year old!!!!

Thanks again x

11. Prectorian

You're welcome. Case close. ;)